🪞"𝓐𝓵𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝔂"🪞

Author's POV :-

Ian was waiting for May to say something, but soon he realised May was fast asleep. The soft giggles have now stopped, the only thing he can hear is the old clock ticking behind him.

May rested her head on his shoulder, he can smell the faint smell of the alcohol in the air. Ian's gaze lingered on her, her feature softened in slumber,

He watched the rise and fall of her chest, the gentle flutter of her eyelashes against her cheeks, and felt a wave of conflicting emotions wash over him.

" You look so peaceful when you're asleep Miss" Ian whispered,

Ian didn't want to disturb her sleep, He was torn between the impulse to lift her gently in his arms and carry her to her bedroom, where she would be more comfortable, and the desire to let her rest where she was, undisturbed by the weight of the world.

He did not understand what he was so confused about? It was just a simple thought, he should just put her in her bedroom, why is he struggling so much?

He fought with the options in his mind for a while,

In the end, Ian chose to gently lift her from his shoulder, and made his way to her bedroom, Ian couldn't help but watch her asleep for a while, and then he made his way to his room.

Ian couldn't sleep the whole night. He lay awake in his bed, consumed by thoughts of May. Her laughter, her smile, her presence lingered in his mind, refusing to let him drift into sleep.

Tossing and turning, he replayed their conversations, the moments they shared, and the unspoken words between them.

As the clock ticked towards dawn, he saw the morning light coming through the curtains. Just when sleep began to weigh heavy on his eyelids, he heard some people outside shouting and screaming. He immediately sat up, his heart' pounding with fear.

He rushed out of the bed and ran towards the people who were shouting. And then he saw something unexpected, The once serene mansion now echoed with chaos, half of the mension is on fire.

Ian's eyes widened in horror, he ran pushing through the crowd, all he could see was smoke coming out everywhere

Ian's eyes widened in horror, he ran pushing through the crowd, all he could see was smoke coming out everywhere. He started looking for May, but she was nowhere to be seen. Then his eyes caught Nina, May's assistant.

"Nina--- Where's May?--- is she safe"? He asked, his breath is heavy.

"I don't know, I haven't seen her since last night. Her room... it's engulfed in flames". Nina's voice trembled with fear.

Fear gripped Ian's heart, the thought of May trapped inside the fire horrified him. Without a moment of hesitation he started running towards her room, arriving at the corridor leading to May's room, he saw the wooden door is now completely surrounded by flames.