S.S: Friends and Foes

Ei POV

The sound of clicking filled the room as me and Hiyori played against eachother, our time together had been limited on the island after all.

"That plan really was quite impressive y'know?" A teasing smirk adorning my friends face. "Maybe you should come up with them more often?"

The shaking of my head was all I responded with for a second as focused on the game. "It really wasn't as impressive as you make it seem, I just added to Ryuuens. If he hadn't come across as the type to only trust himself so early we'd never have been believed."

"I'm not so sure y'know? Other than whoever is leading class D I believe the other classes would have fallen for it."

A small nod was my response, not that I really agreed.

"A plan fails if something unexpected happens, if you miss something and you still succeed it was luck, not foresight."

"That's very pragmatic of you Ei, but I guess you're definitely the type to have that philosophy." The game pausing still as she turned towards me.

"Either way, how's it going with your admirer?" The blushing on her face making me smile, even when teasing someone she still got embarrassed.

"Ichinose just wants closer relations with class C, I'd like to think I'm more approachable than Ryuuen so it makes sense she'd come to me."

"She really seemed to like it when you pinned her to the wall that once y'know?" Her blush growing with what she implied.

A small chuckle leaving my throat as I heard her attempt.

"Well in the kindest way to the girl I'm not particularly interested in her, relationships really wouldn't suit me I don't think."

"Hmmm, I suppose, I can't exactly imagine you with someone."

"I agree, it still eludes me as to how Venti pinned down a relationship, though I feel there's more to it."

"You think they aren't really in love?"

"I know it."

Zhongli POV

A small sigh spilled from between my lips as Arisu evened the score, her queen being the final piece to checkmate me. Usually I'd have gotten rid of that earlier.

"Something on your mind?" The old mocking tone replaced with a serenity from having someone on her level to spend time with.

Well, one who she wasn't challenging either.

"I suppose so, while it was obvious Ayanokouji lead class D in the last exam I'm surprised he only minimalised casualties instead of winning."

A hum of contemplation was audible before she spoke. "Ayanokouji always learnt to adapt off of an opponent, it's not impossible he just didn't know enough information to risk a full win, after all he only changed the leader and guessed what he thought was likely."

I turned to the window for a moment before speaking. "That makes sense, Ei built herself as one not suited for strategy, he'd have no reason to doubt that... Venti did nothing either though."

The clicking of a piece to a board lead to her next question.

"Is he a problem?"

"Maybe." Finally turning back to her I continued. "He's extremely good at rallying people behind a cause, and much more competent than how he presents himself."

A few more turns passed before a curious voice spoke up.

"It's a little strange that class D and C are more competent than B. Though I suppose it's not impossible they're just laying low."

"We'll see I suppose." My response ending the conversation as we enjoyed the game.

"Checkmate." I smiled as the peice fell into place.

Venti POV

"So? How'd it go?" A faint voice slipping from the phone as I enjoyed the view.

"Well, I know who's a problem and who should be helpful."

"Look who's being all productive." The teasing tone replacing that of the other girls.

"You think you'll be able to find a way out of this?"

"Unfortunately not, and I doubt I will for a long time, however your souls seem to be linked to this place, so I'd avoid leaving it until I can come up with something."

Fuck, one more thing to worry about...

The voice changed once more, though the teasing remained it was filled with condescension. "What, worried you'll get expelled? Come on this school is easy, I barely even try and I'm still here."

"Ironic since you lost your spot in class A Kiryuin."

The chuckle at my response was altered once again to that of the caller.

"How's it going with the other girl like Kiryuin here?"

"Suzune seems less stable to put it bluntly, but she'll be an important character in this tale of ours." My cheerful smile growing as I spoke.

"You know who's linked to her?"

"No, unfortunately, she can't understand whoever it is."

"As long as they aren't divine it should be okay, an Archon's soul would intertwine too heavily, it would be almost impossible to pull the two apart."

"I'll keep looking for others, I doubt you two are the only ones, and thanks for reaching out, it'd be a pain if I hadn't known to keep an eye on her."

A small laugh was all I got in response.

"Of course, what are friends for."

"I'll head off now, thank you Kiryuin...

And you, Alice."

Ayanokouji POV

"Hey Kiyotaka?" The normally cheerful voice of Kikyō rang out nervously.

"Hm?" My head turning in her direction to register her clenched fists and wavering smile.

"It was you right? Last exam?"

"Perhaps, it's definitely not impossible."

"Don't you think you should have told everyone, or at least me?"

I shook my head shortly, "No, if the idea had gotten out it would have been too risky."

"I suppose so." She muttered, "Y'know I barely know anything about you... I don't even know if you love me."

Her hope I'd respond in denial was dashed as I spoke. "I don't know either, love is a foreign concept to me."

"Should we even be together? This all feels so rushed..."

A few thoughts moved through my head as I considered this, originally my motives had been to ensure she wouldn't do something stupid, the information was important just in case, but it was different now, I had another plan.

And that plan was with class B, one where I could test my so called perfection against the gods.

"It's up to you." My lack of effort to keep us together giving her an answer.

"But my lack of ability to be a partner shouldn't force us to stop being friends, as long as that's okay?"

A small smile grew across her face, a cheerful persona marred by the small tears.

"That sounds good, thank you Kiyotaka."

_______________________________________

Hey! Just a small chapter to prep for volume four which should hopefully contain the rest of the Sperenza and the sports festival unless I'm forgetting something.

I hope you've liked so far, and while I'll probably just continue this I may make another cross over fic for something else during the downtime between volumes, so who knows. Either way I won't be dropping this any time soon so I'll see you next chapter!