Character summary

Hey, this is late but I realised some people haven't actually read CotE or played genshin so I'm gonna give a basic rundown of characters in each volume, if you don't want spoilers then don't read past the volume you're at :)

This will be updated as the story progresses.

_______________________________________

Vol:1

Genshin-

Venti/Barbatos. The drunken bard of Monstadt is well known for both his youthful appearance and his skill as a bard, not to mention his appetite for wine. Met during the first part of the game Venti helped the traveller quell the threat of the corrupted dragon Dvalin, and in doing so revealed his identity as the god of wind and freedom who took a step back from running his nation in an attempt to allow for true freedom. Barbatos is one of the two original archons within the seven, and his most notable feats were helping with the revolution against the storm god Decarabian, defeating the dragon Durin alongside Dvalin and reshaping the land of Monstadt on a whim.

Zhongli/Morax/Rex lapis. The consultant of the Wangsheng funeral parlour and known by the people of Liyue as a man with a vast knowledge of the nation. Met during the second story by the traveller in which he faked his own death and worked with an organisation known as the Fatui to create a threat in Liyue as a way to test if they were able to live without their god. He now acts as an ordinary human and mingles with the people of Liyue. Morax is one of the two original archons of the seven and was renowned for his overwhelming victory during the archon war in Liyue, his attacks forming the country's landscape as we know today.

Raiden Ei/Beelzebul. Ei is the archon of Inazuma and god of eternity. Taking over from her twin sister Makato after her death during the cataclysm she learnt to create functioning puppets to take her place so Inazuma's eternity could be kept even after the risk of her own death. Ei craves the idea of eternity since she believes it to be the only way to ensure no such tragedy occurs again. Two of her puppets consisted of Kunikuzushi, who grew to become one of the Fatui harbingers known as the 'Balladeer' and 'the Raiden Shogun' who took over Inazuma in Ei's absence. The latter however created a civil war within the nation in its pursuit of Ei's idea and also crippled the economy and progression due to its laws against foreign influence and its refusal to allow for the ownership of 'Visions'.
Ei is an extremely competent fighter and primarily uses a polearm like blade known as the 'engulfing lightning' as well as a katana like blade by the name of the 'Musou no Hitotachi'.

Important information.

Visions. A vision is a gift bestowed upon those of great ambition and grants control of one of the seven elements, these items however come at a cost, the loss of such a gift will take the ambition of the owner, as was seen during Inazuma's questline.

Archons. Seven gods who are granted a fragment of the power of a primordial dragon and exist to control a nation.

Classroom of the Elite:

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. The protagonist of the light novel and known for his constant apathy, raised in an institution known as the 'white room' he was forced from a young age to endure torturous conditions to become the perfect human, though this came at the cost of his social skills. Ayanokouji joined ANHS due to the school's lack of contact to the outside world, and this allowed him to avoid returning to the whiteroom. Though his primary goal is to live a normal life the philosophy to win at any cost has been deeply ingrained into him.

Horikita Suzune. The 'ice queen' of class D, despite her attractive looks and great intelligence she is adamant that she is able to win by herself, deeming friends and allies to be useless, this opinion has caused her to be considered 'defective' landing her in class D. Her older brother is a person she looks up to great, heavily impacting her personality and goals.