Bards can be troublesome

Ayanokouji POV

I stared out the window as I heard the commotion, my face resting against my palm as the boy, well, I'm not even confident he's even a boy since noticing the skirt he wears.

Anyway, I turned my head to look at the argument.

"I wasn't that late!"

"You missed the opening ceremony and still showed up late?" The tall woman was looking down at the boy(?) with barely concealed disappointment and frustration.

"And I told you I didn't know what class I was in!" He shot back who must have been our teacher.

The girl from the bus cut in.

"Um, Venti-chan was it?"

He turned in confusion "chan?"

She looked equally confused by his reaction.

"Um... Yes? You don't look Japanese but shouldn't you at least know how honorifics work?" She said with a cute look.

"Hehe~" he giggled awkwardly.

More and more this boy confuses me, is it possible that place found a way to fake the age of one of it's students to send them here? No, he's far too sociable to have come from that place, so why does he seem like he's never even seen the outside?

"W-well... I suppose I used chan because it's common to call girls by that honori-"

The girl, kushida if I remember from the bus,  was cut off by Venti's offended gasp.

"I'm a boy thank you!" he said this while immediately throwing up the most feminine pose I'd ever seen, two peace signs and his tongue out cutely was enough to immediately silence the class.

Sensei who'd already walked to the corner to watch the class glanced up in surprise, that's strange, surely a teacher in a school like this would check the students files?

A boy in the back who'd been leering at the boy slammed his head off the table while kushida sputtered with a heavy blush on her face.

"B-but you're in a skirt!" She cried out.

Venti, noticing this decided to double down on embarrassing kushida.

"Oh~ staring at a boy's lower half is rude y'know~" he giggled with a smirk as kushida began to look more and more flustered.

Even though the argument was heavily flawed it was enough to set off the already embarrassed kushida.

The awkwardness was soon cut off however as a handsome looking boy stood up, a faint blush on his own face.

"Excuse me? May I have everyones attention? I'd like to ask everyone to introduce themselves."

Some people nodded while others were still processing the enigma that was Venti.

"Well my name is Hirata Yosuke, please feel free to call me Yosuke, I love sports and intend to join the soccer club here at this school, I look forward to meeting you all, please take care of me!"

His speech lowered the awkwardness in the room and people began to clap, a group of girls seemed to be staring at him in awe, it was clear he was a natural when it came to socialising.

Next came Kushida's introduction.

"Um... Hi! My name's Kushida Kikyō! None of my friends from middle school have come here so I look forward to making loads of new ones! My goal is to be friends with everyone in the school so I can't wait to meet all of you!"

Her introduction was so full of life that the awkwardness was quickly washed away, it was clear that despite her dream being difficult, if anyone could do it, it would definitely be her.