S.S Gamers

Ei POV

I dropped to the floor with a wince as my fist collided with the surprisingly durable wall, the death message having shown up for what had to be the twentieth time now.

The silver haired girl gently stroking my hair as I glared at the screen, her kindness only halted by the small giggles coming from her.

"What!?" I pleaded turning to her, desperate to know why this girl was laughing at my suffering.

"You're one of the most physically capable in our year, you're cunning and you're now above average at academics..."

"Yeah? And how's that relevant to this!?"

"Because this is only the third boss!? And the first two let you win if you do terribly." She cried out while laughing at my performance, the normally angelic girl giggling sadistically.

Why are the cute ones always so mean!

"So? I've only started playing games recently! And I'm really good at the fighting ones!"

The words caused her to smirk, my stomach lurching as I prepared for her relentless teasing.

"Venti beat this game with a shared health bar among four other people!" She cried out while giggling, hugging me as she laughed, my mind swirling with a mix between anger and embarrassment.

I turned to the screen and grabbed the mouse from where I'd left it hanging.

I wasn't gonna let that bard beat me.

"Honestly you're so competitive towards your brother." She giggled cutely, causing me to pause when I remembered how that bard had actually gone around saying that, only for me to barely save it, telling people that he only meant it like a sibling rivalry.

I'm so glad he has a reputation or else that could have been so awkward...

I turned in confusion however as I heard a knock on the door, causing me to get up and stretch before walking over, opening it to reveal Ichinose, her casual clothes slightly off putting when I was so used to her in uniform, though most confusing was the heavy blush on her face.

Honami POV

I knocked awkwardly, I usually wasn't this strange about meeting up with someone but Ei hadn't been responding, however when the tall girl opened the door, clad in her pyjamas with Shiina stood leaning against her, also in sleepwear it occured that I may have made a mistake.

"S-sorry! I didn't mean to interrupt y-you two!" I shouted, blushing awkwardly only for Ei to sigh and drag me in.

"Don't overthink it, me and Shiina aren't like that."

D-does that mean?

I blushed deeper before finally settling down and thinking properly. Albiet slightly interrupted by the incessant voice in my mind.

~Aww, Ei's got herself a little hobby, how cute~ the words causing me to notice the screen behind her, a game playing in the background.

"So? How come you're here?" Her words slipping softly into my ears and snapping me back to reality.

"Hm? O-oh yeah! I wanted to ask if you were free to hang out!" I said cheerfully, intentionally ommiting that it was, in fact, the sly voice in my head who'd been so eager to see the purple haired girl.

Why she was so desperate was beyond me, knowing her she probably wanted to tease her but well...

"Hmm... I don't see why not, do you just want me or should Shiina come with us?" I considered for a moment before shrugging slightly.