past and panic.

"He had it coming though" Ria said

It had been so long since iv'e seen Ria. when i was moving country to country i left Ria behind in Liverpool. She was 18, had an education and her own apartment. I really thought she was on the right path to become more than our father was. Sometimes i feel bad for leaving her behind, we have been through so much together but iv'e always taken care of her and i needed to take care of myself.

"like you don't have it coming for you any day now" I said pointing to the track marks on her arms.

"well at least i didn't leave my family behind to chase some dumb dream, yes i turned to drugs but i never turned my back to you"

Her words took me by surprise. She has changed so much. I understand that she is hurt but i really thought she would understand me. I saw a window to get out and i took it.

"It's not like you are clean" She said a little too loud.

I pushed her into a  wardrobe close to the entrance of the church. "Ria you cannot say things like that out loud. Anyone can hear you, I have a reputation and a career to manage and i am not letting you screw it up"

She tilted her head, trying to intimidate me. "Nice seeing you Charlie" she said before pushing past me to join the guests in the church.

I feel a lump form in my throat. I don't want to be here, I want to be at training with Leah. I need her to hold me, tell me everything will be okay. But she is not here.

As i fall to the ground of the claustrophobic wardrobe I feel tears begin to form in my eyes. I pick my phone, starting to look for leahs contact.

"Hi love" Hearing her voice was like a weight being lift off my chest. I felt like i could breath.

"Charlie are you there? are you okay?" she spoke as i hadn't responded earlier.

"Leah-Le i need you to come get me right now, i can't be here, it's too much."

"Hey baby i'm in the car right now, get out of there, send me your location and i'll be there in a min ok?" She says. I can hear the panic in her voice

leah's pov:

I pulled up to the church seeing Charlie sitting at the stairs, i got out and ran over to her.

She had been crying for a long time, her eyes were red and she was still shaking when i pulled her into my embrace.

"Talk to me love, what's wrong?" i said, trying to sooth her.

"It's Ria, she's on H. It is my fault, i left her all alone" She said as her voice broke again

She cried the entire car journey back to her apartment. She cried as beth and viv helped her get into her pj's, she cried as i laid down besides her for the night. Then, after hours she stopped, her breathing slowed as she drifted off to sleep.

I went downstairs, hoping to get something in my stomach. I was met by viv and beth in the kitchen. "She okay for training tomorrow le?" Viv asked. "Yes i think training is exactly what she needs right now"

"How are you holding up Leah? Seeing her like this?" Beth asked

"I'm scared Beth, for her, she has been sober and clean for a while, i'm scared she's gonna relapse." I said as i felt tears starting to well in my eyes. "I just want her to be okay, i want her to feel safe and loved" Tears started to fall down my cheeks.

Beth came in for a hug, "Oh Le, she knows you love her, you are doing everything you can, let us know if there is anything we can do okay?" She said and i nodded in response.