25 | always be my baby

"And that's how we met."

"You know, Ariah, just from first impressions, I thought Zack was a bit of a shy prick, you get? Now don't get me wrong I've been proved right, but I never would've expected he'd be a poet too?!"

"Mhmm he was a still dickhead too."

"He was? He still is."

"Alright, alright chill your cakes Gab," I say in defence and she held her hands up in apology.

I was the only one allowed to cuss out that fathead.

"But it's wild like... you guys were literally inadvertently flirting by insulting one another."

"He's the one person I struggle to be serious with." I snicker.

She hummed. "Yeah, you may as well have created a new love language." I agree nodding my head.

"Now what does Natasha have to do with Zack?" Gabrielle continued.

"Oh God, okay so More than P, Zack detested Nat. Like it goes far beyond hatred."

"Damn. That's strong."

"Strong indeed. In the early stages of our relationship, Zack and I were inseparable. It was one thing being best friends but then a being relationship? Yeah, it was mad we were attached to the hip." I sat with a smile.

"That's cute."

"And P never had an issue with it. Like I said, we're sisters and we can go days without talking or seeing each other. Not that we'd want to of course," I added to be clear, "but with Natasha, sis?! She'd be in her feelings saying 'oh, now you have a boyfriend you don't have time to see your friends,' and 'having a man has changed you,' so obviously, I tried to compensate where I could. I hung out with her more, but then I'd now spend less time with Zack and that is my biggest regret."

Gabrielle hummed in intrigue. "Why?"

"Because it was about the time his dad was diagnosed with cancer."

"Oh frick. I didn't know."

"I didn't know either until recently a few weeks ago when Akeno told me. Zack was dealing drugs at the same time because he needed money to look after his family. His mum was his dad's carer so she had to take time off of work. It's a whole thing, Callum was involved in it too. But if I'd stuck by him then he would've eventually told me and I would've been able to help in anyway that I could." I rambled.

"You literally couldn't have known, Ari, you were just doing what you thought was right at the time."

"Yeah but he thought I was pushing him away Gab. A guy like Zack," I sigh, "he is so sensitive and it's why I love–loved... sorry," I hiccuped, quickly correcting myself but not convincingly enough in Gabrielle's eyes.

"Loved. It's why I loved him. He's emotional and sweet and mushy and craves for security at all times and it makes sense because he's always so protective of those he loves and himself. So it makes it worse that I would blow him off most times reassuring him I'd make it up to him when instead... I was just out clubbing and drinking with her." I chastised.

"She's a right mare ain't she?" Gabrielle was stressed to say the least as she rubbed both sides of her temple.

"Understatement Gab. Whenever Zack was over, and at the time Natasha was living with P and I, she'd come downstairs and sit next to him.

"Why's she begging it though?"

"It's worse when she'd come down in minimal clothes like, girl we know you're cold. It's literally winter!"