Chapter 3: Sora Explores the Village (2.5)

[Pt. 2.5 - Guild Announcement]

It's been a few days—actually, just two days—since I landed in this guild, which I now know as "Dawn of Hope."

I never imagined that becoming a part of this guild would feel like a gentle breeze on a summer day, but hey, I'm not one to shy away from pleasant surprises. Now, I find myself surrounded by a lively group of companions, offering endless conversations and moments of pure enjoyment.

I get out of bed and head downstairs, drawn by the warmth of the morning sun. To my surprise, I find Elysia waiting for me in the dining room.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

Elysia's eyes light up with a warm smile, radiating a sense of comfort as I settle into the chair opposite her.

"What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see you..."

"Really? Are you sure you don't have any ulterior motives?" I ask, raising an eyebrow sceptically."

I say, eliciting a playful eye roll from Elysia.

"Okay, maybe I do... I came here to share some exciting news with you. I'm planning on taking you to a dungeon that I aim to conquer."

"I'm sorry, what?"

Elysia's laughter fills the room as she jumps to her feet, gesturing for me to follow her.

"You seem like you've never been in a dungeon or even know what one is, so this'll be a great chance for you to comprehend what it's like to be in one."

Am I really that see-through?

"A-ah, right..."

"Don't be nervous... we'll take care of you..."

Elysia's eyes fell as she spoke those words, her golden hair wrapping around her shoulders like a protective shield.

"S-so, whose coming with? And what should I bring?"

My eyes pivot towards hers as she focuses her gaze on me. She stares at me for a whole half-minute, her fingers hovering as if she's typing on an imperceptible keypad, before the same translucent screen appears before me. A guild announcement.

« GUILD ANNOUNCEMENT »

« FROM ELYSIA STARLIGHT »

"As your leader, I have decided to guide Sora Mugenshi, our newest member, into a dungeon for conquest. Your participation in this endeavour is welcome; more attendees will strengthen our team, after all, so feel free to join. Furthermore, this will be a great time to witness and assess his strengths and weaknesses, as well as showcase our guild's unity and teamwork.

Sincerely, Elysia Starlight"

Well, this is interesting, to say the least. I no longer have a choice but to participate in this dungeon conquest with the guild.

"Whoever shows up is who's coming, and as for what you should bring... It doesn't matter."

"Should've expected that..."

I say as I rise from my seat and step closer to Elysia, who smiles at me before stepping out of the room.

A dungeon, huh...? I wonder how hard it'll be; it's honestly pretty nerve-wracking to think about. When I imagine a dungeon, I think of cellars, prisons, and overall dark places, which makes me question how one can even defeat a place like that. But I guess I'll find out soon enough due to a certain someone.