The Ten Kingdoms - Chapter 14

Vinny Butler

Logan and I were walking down the hall of our school, we met each other at preschool, so being here with him was nice. I felt like I had an advantage going into the classroom. I'm sure most of the kids don't know each other so it's going to be awkward.

"Our first say as kindergarteners." Logan said, looking forward as we were walking past a couple of older students who seemed to be laughing at us. "I wish Jacob was at our school, it would be cool if we were all here."

"Yeah, I agree." I responded, nodding my head. Jacob was a kid from preschool, we were good friends with him. "Are you even nervous?" I asked, looking at him, to me, it didn't seem like it.

"No." Logan said nonchalantly. "Why would I be nervous? My sister told me that kindergarten was a joke, so I'm going to take it easy." I didn't agree with that, but I wasn't going to disagree with him. "Oh, here we are."

We turned down a hall, it housed the four kindergarten rooms. "What room are we again?" I asked, trying to remember, but I shouldn't have, because he simply shook his head in denial, having no clue. "I think it's 204."

"Then 204 it is." He said, then we made our way to the fourth room, the last one at the end of the hall. "Mrs. Schultz, right?" I nodded and when we arrived at the door, there was a teacher with brown hair standing inside, in front of a desk that overlooked the rest of them. The student desks were put into groups of four, and there was a decent number of them.

"Oh, two more friends." She said, and I instantly thought about how annoying her voice was, this was going to be a fun year if I couldn't handle it. "Please, come in, find your seats." She motioned towards the desk, there were some students, but a lot of open seats. "There are name tags on each desk."

"Alright." I said, and Logan and I stepped into the room.

"This should be fun." Logan said, and we started roaming around. There were about three other boys, and five girls already in the room, and as we went around the desks, Logan spoke some more. "If we aren't together, I'm going to throw a fit."

"Haha, I'm with you." The two of us continued to walk around, and as we got to the back corner, on the opposite side of the room, we found a desk with Logan's name tag, and across from it, was mine. "Perfect!"

"Wow, look at that." Logan said, looking at me with a smile as we took our seats. There was no one else at our table yet. "This is awesome, it looks likes like the other two students are named Justin and Allen, should be interesting."

"At least they are other boys." I said, and he nodded his head as we both placed our backpacks down on the ground beside the desk. "Who knows, maybe they are cool, we need to make some more friends today."

"Yeah, I know." I told him, and as we sat there, more and more students came into the room for the first time, taking seats where they were supposed to. The teacher greeted each one with a smile, telling them the same thing she told us. 

"I really hope this isn't boring, I don't want to just sit here all day and do work." Logan said, and I nodded my head, and as he was about to speak, another boy came over to the desk with the name Justin on it. "You must be Justin." Logan smiled as he spoke, pointing at the desk as the kid took his backpack off.

"I am." Justin said, sitting down and joining us. "It, it's nice to meet the two of you." He paused for a second, looking over at our name tags. "Vinny and Logan." 

"Nice to meet you too." Logan and I both said, looking at him with a smile. "So, Justin, do you plan any sports?" That was Logan's first question, why? Well, I guess it isn't a bad one. "Football, baseball, or basketball?"