The Ten Kingdoms - Chapter 13

(I have a lot of time this week, so I do plan on posting a chapter a day. After that, I plan on going to once a week. I hope you all enjoy the story I'm putting together so far. I know it's slow, but I am just trying to build things up like any other written story. If you do get this far, I thank you.)

After my mother changed me, she handed me to Jade, and she took me to the living room. I was now in her arms, in the doorway looking in. The kids inside were just talking, there were about fifteen of them.

I could see Isabella talking to another girl with long green hair. "Well, Liam, I would put you down, but I don't want you to hurt yourself walking around." Jade told me, I noticed Emma in the corner, just like the rest of the servants.

Was she not allowed to interact with the other children while they were here? Or even me? This somewhat sucked, this wasn't normal, but I guess I should have figured that out. They were noble children, and they were acting like it. Was this what my mother meant? 

"How about you just observe?" Jade said, holding me still as I looked around. The children were divided, there were groups, small ones, either pairs of two, three, or by themselves, and most pairs were of the same gender.

They were sitting or standing, speaking in a very calm and royalty way, a way I probably will have to talk in. I think I'll be fine though; I've been hearing my parents talk like it for a while now, and I've kind of gotten used to it. 

I didn't really want to be held right now, but as the noble children all spoke to each other like they knew one another, or were after something, I had this feeling I got in my old world. It was like when I entered a classroom for the first time, I was so scared, yet, I knew I was fine.

Isabella came walking over, the girl with green hair followed, I didn't know who she was. "Oh, look at this, Liam, it seems you have some welcomed guest." Jade made her way to a seat, she seemed to be the only other adult in her, everyone else was against the walls. 

"Prince Liam." Isabella bowed her head, and the girl behind her did the same, but as my name was said, everyone turned out way. Jade was just sitting there, holding me, like she didn't have the right to speak unless she was spoken to, even though she was the strongest person in the Kingdom. "It's good to see you again, you look so cute dressed up, doesn't he?"

Isabella looked at the girl beside her now as they stood in front of me, the others in the room didn't move, but they were silent now, like they wanted to listen to the conversation. "He is." The green haired girl said, then she bowed again. "Prince Liam, my name is Lilly of House Beddile."

"Hi." I said, and it seemed like everyone in the room froze, like they couldn't believe I spoke. Lilly had a smile on her face, hearing me speak. My voice was a baby voice, and it wasn't normal for a one year old to be able to respond like I do, so I understood the curiosity everyone was feeling.

"He is so cute; I can't get over it." Isabella said once again, looking at me, and as I looked back at her, the more I saw my mother's hair. She looked so similar, it was weird, well, not her face, her did, her face was not like my mother's. "Do you mind if we sit with you?"

My mind started to drift away from the conversation as I thought about Isabella. Was she a mage? I couldn't tell, like when I sensed mana in the air, I could tell that Jade was a mage by her aura drawing mana towards her, but no one else in her was like that.

"Prince Liam." Jade said my full title, snapping me back to the conversation. 

I really didn't want to listen to these girls, if what I am thinking is right, they are just trying to get close to me. I didn't know the formality of things, it didn't seem super formal in here, but it was like anything I was used to, so the easiest way to handle this was to just say sure.