Ch. 14

A/N:

March. 14: Chapters posted 3/3

———

In a bustling coffee shop filled with the aroma of freshly coffee and the sound of chattering customers, tall teenage boy with spikey black hair entered. Stepping into the core shop as his eyes wonders around to find the one person he is hoping to see. His eye came across at the only employee behind the counter. The delicate girl with a bob haircut, featuring blunt bangs and curling ends, paired with wide innocent green eyes. Dressed in a cozy grey sweater and black leggings, she maintains the lovely smile that always had a fluttering effect on him.

It's her....

She is making orders for the four costumers's drinks with a soft humming to continue the work. 

This almost lifted the corner of his lips and eases his shoulder.

She still looks wonderful....

Taking slow steps on his entrance went unnoticed by the petite, fair blonde barista, who was preoccupied with serving the four customers. He is glad this isn't busy place. This is a good opportunity for him to do this. Despite the lack of a noticeable expression on his face, the young male was nervous and felt no urge to approach her, despite their shared history. The closure he sought from her was the main reason he had come all the way.

With a mix of anxiety and determination, he had been practicing how to approach her in an empathetic manner, hoping to make her listen. Yet, even as he stood behind the coffee counter, waiting for his moment, he found himself frozen, silently cursing himself for his hesitation. Even though her back was turned, engrossed in making coffee and frappes, he remained on edge, berating himself to be fearless and go talk to her.

Don't be such a damn coward, Megumi. She is no stranger to you, so this should not be this hard to talk.

His senses were jolted as he heard her delicate voice addressing the person, "Deep cafe for Hiroshi-san?" It had been a year since he last heard that soft angelic tone, and how he longed to hear his name from her lips again. Before he could finally face her as she turned around, a man in a suit stepped in front of him, intercepting the barista's attention to grab his own coffee. "Excuse me, kid," the man said dismissively.

The barista, noticing another customer behind the suit man but not knowing who it really is, swiftly handed the coffee to the suited man, saying with a cheery tone, "Here you go, Sir!" The boy's hopes were slightly deflated as he watched the man leave, irritating him for interrupting his moment to connect with her. With a sigh, he mentally prepared himself, wondering if she had even noticed his presence since she had not fully turned around yet.

Before he could make a move, the cheerful barista assured him, "I will be with you, sir.", her soft voice filled with warmth as she continued to prepare a batch of coffee. Humming in a dulcet tone. His heart raced, and his tongue felt tied in knots. He had never been particularly skilled at conversing with someone, let alone someone he had unresolved feelings for especially already been...intimate with.

As the barista finished rinsed the coffee equipment and washing her hands and began walking towards the register, she finally turned around, ready to take his order, "What can I get—eh?" The blond barista's surprise was evident as she realized that the customer had vanished, leaving her to wonder about the missed opportunity to serve him.

"Oí Kurusu! Stop looking at the door unless customers are coming in! The other three customers are waiting!" Her boss had came out of his office to use the restroom when he noticed his employee is distracted as other two customers are waiting.