Ch.9

Itadori leaned back in his chair and stretched his back, feeling the weariness that comes with the end of a weekend. "Back to school," he sighed. Letting out a yawn and with half kid eyes.

I should not have stayed up looking at Jennifer Lawerence's leaks...

Itadori leans back on his chair as he lets out another yawn. Todo noticed his friend's fatigue and teased, "Tired already? Class hasn't even started!"

"Yeah but I prefer sleeping in all day." Itadori wished he had the courage to skip class, but he knew he couldn't. Especially when he knows how Utahime-sensei can be when any of her students skips class.

Mai chipped in, "Not everyone has great mornings like you do, Todo."

"Mornings gives us a opportunity to start the day fresh with a smart mindset." Todo defended his love for mornings and encouraged Itadori to create his own positive morning routine.

"Meanwhile most of us have different preferences and energy levels. Mostly burnout." Mai couldn't help but roll her eyes at the overly optimistic Todo.

Itadori noticed Mai's bored expression and asked, "You seem happy."

Noritoshi interjected, adding, "She isn't always happy." He had just arrived, placing his bag by his foot.

"Mostly because her family are full strict and narcissistic assholes." Todo added and before Mai could scold, Miwa barge in.

"Have you heard the news?" Miwa exclaimed as she stormed into the small group.

"What news?" Mai asked curiously.

"We're getting a substitute teacher! Utahime-sensei won't be here," Miwa responded.

The group was surprised, especially Itadori.

"What? Why? Is she sick?" Noritoshi asked, his eyes wide.

"She didn't seem sick on Friday," Mai pondered.

"Yeah, and she never misses a day. Something must have come up," Todo said, his brow furrowed.

"I hope everything's okay," Miwa said, worried.

"Guys, don't worry too much. I'm sure it's just a personal matter, and she needs an extra day. We'll see her on Monday," Mechmaru reassured them as he hops in his spot next to Miwa.

The gang nodded in agreement and bringing small relief.

"I hope you are right. Utahime-Sensei is the best teach in this School." Miwa said with a concern tone her voice. Mechamaru patted her hack to comfort her.

"She most definitely is." Itadori mumbles before he sigh leg heard a small quarrel happening.

"Hey, don't be cold towards us just because Maki has something better to do. Mai, just forget about that cancellation she did and move on," Todo said with an irritated sigh as he leaned back in his chair.

"It's not just that!" Mai, frustrated with her sister's absence, snapped back, "Maki may think she's doing better at her fancy high school in Tokyo, but she hasn't had time to visit me!"

Todo questioned, "But what does that have to do with us? What do you expect us to do?"

Mechamaru chimed in, "Mai, Maki had valid reasons for not being able to visit. Her high school demands a lot of work and dedication."

Miwa comforted Mai, "Don't be too hard on Maki. I'm sure she misses you. Tokyo education are very serious to take."

Mai scoffed and turned away, "If she truly missed me, she would have at least made an effort to call or text me."