Ch. 10

Utahime Iori had always been a strict but caring teacher. She was respected by her students for her teaching skills as well her kindness. She is admired by her colleagues for her dedication to her job. However, little did anyone know the secret that she had kept buried deep within her for years.

Shad taught for many years, but she had never faced a challenge quite like this one. How was she going to tell her student, Itadori Yuji, that she was actually his mother? The revelation had hit her hard, and now she had to figure out how to break the news to him.

Social studies had began in the first period as Utahime is back at her teaching duties. Back on time too as the semester is coming to an end this Friday, this week marks the last period before the school vacation.

She let out an exhausted sigh before running a hand through her face. She knows she is running out of time to tell him before she sees him in the next two weeks.

———————

Everything seems normal. For students but for Itadori....it is not. In fact, she is not paying attention to him like she used to.

When he first walk in to the classroom room and greets her brightly, she gave him a small smile and nod before turning her head back to the board, continue writing.

She usually responds back with a sweet and happy response and asks him how is his day or if he is understanding the materials. And they would talk for 10 minutes before the bell rings.

But this time they didn't and she was so quiet around him, as if she is pretending he is not there.

He decides it should not be a big deal and she may focus back to him like she used to.

Sadly throughout the week, she did not.

Itadori noticed that his teacher was acting a little distant towards him. She treated him like any other student in the class, which made Itadori feel a little hurt. Of course he is her student, but he thought he already have some special connection. He even tried to raise his hands to answer the questions a few times, but she always picked another student and not once him.  When he tries to speak to her, she gave him a short quick answer and went back to her grading or other teaching duties before asking him to leave the classroom. Not looking at him in the eye.

He does not know why or if he should asked her why she was acting differently towards him.

Itadori felt left out and alone, but he did not know why his teacher's behavior had changed.

As he approached her, he could see a look of discomfort on her face. Itadori was confused, but he didn't want to force her to talk, so he asked her for help with a classroom activity.

Utahime seemed to help him in a hurry and left without another word. Itadori was left with more questions than answers, wondering why his teacher had acted so strange towards him.

He thought she must be little stress out on catching up her lesson planning for her students since she had a week off.

To him that is the only possible solution for her behavior towards him.

But what is weird that she would talk to other students with her causal and sweet personality.

Why them and not him too?