Ch. 3

"How's your first week going so far, Yuji?" Junpei asked, taking an empty seat next to his childhood friend on the lunch table.

The lunch table only has two people sitting which are Itadori and Junpei, far out the cafeteria from the other lunch tables. That's what they like and prefer when it comes to eating in the cafeteria.

"Decent I guess." Itadori took a bite of piece of cooked beef and turn his head to him "One of my class uhh social studies, we had a quiz today...pretty sure I did....okay" he laughs nervously and continued chewing.

"Yeshh. Quiz on the first week? That's cold..I feel bad you have those types of teacher." He took a sip of his milk with a chuckled.

"Oh you mean Utahime-Sensei? She's not bad, in fact she's a really good teacher. It just I can't do social studies and math too. I am not good any subjects you know that." Itadori said as he scratches the back of his head.

"I like social studies. It's not that bad to learn about the history, economics, geography, law, and stuff but math is no one's thing." He started to laugh recalling back the memory when they were in kindergarten.

"Did you remember our old kindergarten teacher asked the whole class a question; If a boy has 5 bento boxes, 2 soft drinks, and 4 strawberry mochi's and if he ate 4 bento boxes, 1 soft drink and 3 mochi's what does he have?..." he snickered before finished Itadori's hilarious response. "And you raised your hand and answered 'No self-control'. "

Itadori and Junpei laughed at the hilarious moment back when they were both in kindergarten, take a few moment to recollect themselves and sighed from their big laughter.

"I wasn't wrong though. The boy had no control of eating and it's more of a problem figuring out how to handle his eating habits rather than figuring out much food he last left." Itadori pointed out with another laugh. "Not that he needs to know if he still has more food."

"True true so when are you getting your guy's quizzes back?" Junpei said as he took a bite from his curry.

"Utahime-sensei is a fast but a good grader so she promised we will get them back on Monday. I really don't want to look at what I got honestly. I already know I failed." Itadori said with a closed eyes sigh.

"You need a tutor if you're having trouble with social studies otherwise you will flunk that class. It won't look good on you as a first year." He pointed out.

"I know but I don't have time because of my grandpa remember?" Itadori lowered his eyes.

This had him shut his mouth and nodded, "Ohhh yeah...I forgot...how is he if you don't mind me asking?"

"Well, some progress has made with the decrease of his temperature and his coughing has eased down yesterday. The nurses are still struggling giving him medicine you know how gramps man can be a stubborn old man." Itadori laughed a little try to light up the mood.

He laughed along, "Oh yeah definitely. I still remember 3 years ago when we asked him if we could lower the heat on that one summer so we can watch the Saw movie marathon without getting drenched in sweat and he was like 'No I wont! Heat cost money!' And throw his one pair of sandal at us."

Itadori chuckles, "That's gramps alright."

They both nodded in agreement and continued eating.

As they are eating, Junpei hesitated a moment before asking,

"I'm sorry if this is too personal but what would you do if he...you know?..."