Ch. 12

A/N:

March. 14: Chapters posted 1/3

———

~Past~

Utahime and Shoko walked side by side down the sidewalk, heading towards Utahime's parent's house after school. Shoko's concerned expression mirrored her question, "Are you sure you're gonna tell them alone?" It was clear that Shoko was worried about Utahime confronting her parents about her pregnancy.

Utahime's face was filled with a mix of emotions as she clutched onto the straps of her bag. She confessed, "I can't keep this secret any longer. I've been experiencing headaches, changes in my eating habits, and uncontrollable mood swings. My parents have started noticing my strange behavior and I don't want to keep worrying them."

Shoko continued to gaze at Utahime and let out a sigh. "You know what you're getting yourself into, right? If they disown you, your support system will be very limited."

Utahime nodded with determination in her voice, "Of course, but that's a consequence I'm willing to face. I made this choice and I'm ready for whatever comes next."

"Okay," Shoko replied, "but I'll wait for you on your porch so we can go to my house afterwards. Don't worry, I won't listen to your parent's outburst. I'll be listening to my heavy metal music and reading creepy pastas." Shoko added with a slight smirk.

Utahime chuckled softly, "You're still into that? Anyway, thank you Shoko. I want to apologize in advance because I know I'm going to be a sobbing mess."

Shoko reassured her, "No need to worry. I don't know how you're doing this, but you've got a strong spirit. If it were me, I wouldn't even confess to my parents." She pats her back. "I'd probably pretend that I was letting myself go and immediately go to the hospital to remove the 'fat' after nine months and then leave my baby in front of his daddy's door."

Utahime scolded her playfully, "Shoko! That's horrible, and you're going to be a doctor!"

"But not positioned as a caregiver!"

Shoko continues to smile, ticketing herself in a bed. "Regardless, you are a better person than I am and a better future parent than Gojo."

Utahime smiles.

"I will be waiting out here if your parents kicks you out." Shoko said, smiling back.

——————

Upon her return home, a mounting wave of anxiety gripped her, causing her breath to waver in its usual rhythm. Urgently, she summoned her parents to convene in the living room, signaling an impending and crucial declaration.

With a tremble in her voice, she divulged the startling revelation that she, their devoted and high-achieving daughter with a promising future awaiting her at university, bore an unexpected burden at the tender age of 17: pregnancy.

The reaction she received from her parents was far from composed. Anguish and fury intertwined as they unleashed a torrent of accusations and moral interrogations, citing their deeply entrenched religious convictions.

They insisted on uncovering the father's identity and gathering all the information about the incident, such as its time and location.

Amidst tears and a trembling voice, she admitted that she had been intoxicated at a party but pretended she was unable to recall the individual's name with whom she was involved.

She felt compelled to lie, knowing that the father, Gojo Satoru, did not want to be involved.

However, her admission only fueled their anger, and their voices grew louder. They shamelessly criticized her for being open with herself and expressed regret for not disciplining her more strictly.