🌻PR Manager- RS83

"Y/n, we're going to put you as Robert's PR manager."

"You're what?!" She exclaimed back at them annoyed. "I applied as a broadcasting manager!"

"We think you will be better fitted to the PR manager roll, I'm sure you and Robert will get along well."

_________________________________

As Y/n walked into the Losail International Circuit in Qatar, she felt more nervous than she was willing to admit. For her, this track was the last place she wanted to be, but her job required her to keep Robert in the right place at the right time, and this was where they were going to be competing.

The sun was shining brightly, causing her to squint as she looked around the area. It was a beautiful day, and yet, she couldn't help feeling a little bit bitter about it. She had been given the job of PR manager for a racing driver she didn't like, and she was expected to spend the day with him.

Her thoughts were cut off as she felt a pair of eyes staring at her. She turned her head to the side, and her breath caught in her throat as she saw the man who was the target of her job.

Y/n hadn't seen Robert for a long time- not since they were 17 and 18. But he had changed a lot. He seemed more matured since his childish 18 year old self and looked much more well composed. She had to remind herself that she didn't want to be there and that she shouldn't like Robert.

"Hi Y/n!" He smiled at her.

"Hello, how are you?" She asked, a professional tone to her voice.

"Very well, you?" Robert had a much more open demeanour towards Y/n than she had towards him.

"Fine as well. So, I have the timings for today. The first interview today is Sky sports at 10:15 in the main building. And you're engineers want to meet you and your teammates in about 15 minutes in the garage." Y/n explained to him, trying to ignore the fact that she found him rather attractive now.

"Oh... okay. Thank you for that... report!" He laughed a little bit Y/n did not. A small smile did however cross her face which she quickly wiped away. Without another word being said, they both began towards the garage like they were on the same brain wave.

Y/n waited patiently at the back of the garage whilst Robert spoke to the engineers about the qualifying to come. She kept catching herself staring at him. She couldn't help it.

________Middle of the season_________

"Y/n?" Robert touched my arm slightly as I gave him a cold glance. "Can we speak for a second...? In private."

"Yes, fine, whatever." I was about to say no, but from the look on his face, it was important. I followed him to the driver room where he closed the door behind us. "What happened?"

"Nothing, don't worry. Just wondering wether..." he picked his words carefully, "there's someone in the team... like maybe James, my engineer, someone that... you maybe... like?" He asked warily, as he shouldn't have.

"Uh... no?" I looked at him confused as he sighed. James was the same age as both of us but he was of no attraction to me.

"Then who are you staring at in the garage? It's obviously not me... so which engineer?" I felt blush creep up my cheeks as he denied it was him.

"Its- it's none of them. Anyway, why are you concerned?" I asked as I noticed his somewhat jealous tone.

"Just... wondering." Robert looked away as I raised an eyebrow at his response. "Okay fine. But wouldn't you, you know, be saying something if your PR manager and race engineer were onto something?" His tone became increasingly angry, something I had never heard from Robert. Ever.

"First of all, I don't like any of the engineers, second of all, not a very professional question to be asking, and third, are you jealous?" I snapped back as I picked up on the more angry air of this. I turned to leave.

"No, Y/n, wait... Куда ты идешь?!" Robert grabbed my wrist as I turned back to him. (Where are you going?!)

"Are you going to answer the question then?" I calmly responded, releasing myself from his grip.

"Fine, yes. Yes I am jealous." I could have sworn that my heart actually stopped beating.

"Y-you don't need to be jealous though..." My expression softened as I saw how uncomfortable this conversation was for Robert.

"I don't know about you, but how would you feel if the person you've liked since you were 18 likes your own race engineer..." As Robert got more driven, my eyes widened and I moved my hand over my mouth.

"Sorry... 7 years?"

"Y-yea." He mumbled back.

"I don't think this would work. I'm your PR manager. So, how about we move on from this and carry on as we were?" I asked a little softer. I quickly nodded at him before leaving.

I walked through the paddock to the next place I would meet Robert and then it hit me.

I never told him how I felt. I had probably left him heart broken- not only rejected but he doesn't have the reassurance that I didn't like his race engineer.