🎶Tongue Tied- CL20

A/n: So I'm going to try my best to base this on the song Tongue Tied by Grouplove. Not really sure how this will go but here we are trying! Enjoy hopefully :) 🤞

"YESSSS!!!" Y/n shouted across discord. She had just won her first simulator race against her best friend, Conrad-  Danish Formula 4 champion, Italian F4 and UAE F4 driver.

"Wh- how did you..." Conrad stuttered, surprised at her performance given it was her third attempt ever on a simulator.

"Ok Mr. Tongue Tied!" She laughed, leaning back in her chair.

"I mean... fair play I guess." Conrad finally replied.

Conrad was in Denmark whilst his best friend, Y/n, whom he had met at an Italian F4 round, was living in the UK. Most evenings they would play on their simulators together or would play some other weird game.

"My gosh, I've miss you so much..." Y/n sighed.

"Wha- really? Wait w-what?" Conrad stuttered again. He had liked Y/n for a little too long. That little too long was driving him crazy. That is what made Y/n's comment so surprising.

"Shit I'm not muted. Oh well. You really are tongue tied!" She laughed after realising her mistake. Conrad felt himself smile at her laugh. "Oh. I have to go now but call tomorrow?"

"Uh, yea. See you tomorrow! Bye!" He responded, leaving discord and flopping back in his chair. He sighed heavily, thinking about her when suddenly his phone lit up with a message.

Y/n:
This song is u lol
Tongue Tied- Grouplove

He clicked play on the song and listened carefully to the lyrics.

Oh take me to your best friends house
Going round this roundabout oh yea

Mixed signals did seem to be a common occurrence between them...

Take me to your best friend house
I loved you then and I love you now

Conrad paused and began thinking about that lyric. Did that mean anything? Did Y/n like him aswell? No. Stop. Your overthinking.

Don't leave me tongue tied
Don't wave no goodbye

He switched off the song to stop himself over thinking it. He tried to distract himself by going downstairs to the rest of his family where they just began asking how she was and how her parents were.

"So how's Y/n?" His Dad asked.
"Yea fine. She said she misses us..." he replied, pulling out a cracker from a packet in the cupboard.
"And her parents? I heard they're coming over to Denmark at some point soon." His Mum asked.
"They are? Y/n didn't say anything about that..."
"Yes, I texted Y/M/N last night and she said they would be in Denmark in a couple of weeks." She smiled. Conrad's face lit up as he had the realisation that he would be seeing Y/n very soon.

Two Weeks Later...

Conrad bounced around lightly on his feet, waiting anxiously for Y/n to come out of customs. He eventually stopped moving and began tapping his fingers on his phone case.

"Con, I know you're excited to see Y/n, but please stop tapping your phone! It's really annoying!" His Mum complained.
"Sorry." He apologised, going back to moving on his feet again.

After what felt like the longest 15 minutes of his life he spotted Y/n and her parents walking through the doors to outside the airport. Y/n's Mum smiled and nodded her head over to Conrad and his parents.

"Hey Y/n, check out over there." Her Mum said, nodding her head over to three people. Y/n lifted her head and looked over to where her mum was pointing and immediately saw Conrad.

She sprinted over with her suitcase and bag, dropped them on the floor and jumped into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist.

"I missed you so much!" Conrad whispered to her.
"I missed you too! But we're only here for a layover but mum and dad won't tell me how long for..." she said, a sadder look coming to her face.
"Aww. Well at least we get to see each-other!" He smiled at her. She let go and landed back on the floor and picked up her bag.
"Mum, how long is the layover?" Y/n asked her Mum who was stood smiling with Conrad's parents admiring their two children together.
"There's no layover. I just wanted to surprise you! We're here for 3 weeks!" Her mum explained. Conrad and Y/n looked at each other again, smiling uncontrollably.
"Okay, let's head back to our place!" Conrad's Dad said, waving everyone over to their car.

The car was packed with people's stuff and everyone was in the car and they were on their way back to the Laursen's house.

In the car, Conrad had his arm around Y/n's waist the entire car journey. They never left each other's side for most of the day. After a while of catching up in the living room, Conrad and Y/n headed up to his room.

They both flopped down on his bed and Conrad turned on some music. The first song that came on was Tongue Tied. Y/n grinned at him.
"You listen to the music I send you?" She grinned.
"Of course! Thought this one was a particularly good one." He smiled.

Oh take me to your best friend house
Normally we're making out oh yeah

Conrad tensed up at the lyric, wondering wether Y/n noticed it at all as well. Y/n had definitely noticed the lyric and it was a main one she thought about when she said that the song reminded her of Conrad. She looked over to him to already find him looking at her. He sat up and paused the music then turned his attention back to her.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked. Y/n smiled and nodded. "I've liked you for a long time. I think I've fallen in love with you. But I don't want to ruin anything we already have..."

"You have not ruined anything Con. If anything, I feel the same way. That hug when we first saw each other at the airport earlier, there was something more than friendship to that." Y/n relief, sitting up and moving a little bit closer to him.

"Are you sure you do? If we're going to have a relationship I don't want it to immediately fail..." Conrad said, brushing a hand over her cheek.

"I'm sure! I've liked you for just over a year!" Y/n smiled. Conrad pulled her in so she was opposite him as he put a hand on her jawline, pulling her chin up to kiss him.

Y/n kissed him back as their faces remained close together.
"Ok, dinners nearly ready, what drinks do you... oh..." Conrad's mum stopped when she walked in. The two jumped away from each other. "Don't worry you two. Us Mums already spotted something going on! Anyway, what drinks would you like? Dinners in about 10 minutes."

Both of them breathed a sigh of relief before answering and Conrad's mum left. Y/n giggled lightly and turned her attention back to Conrad.
"Love you." He finally said.
"You're not tongue tied anymore! Love you too." Y/n smiled back at him as he pulled her over to kiss her again.