🌼Strong- DB02

"You don't have to always be so strong. You don't have to feel afraid to tell me you're not okay. You don't have to be afraid it cry."

Context:

Y/n works in media in junior categories for motorsport.

Y/n and Dino had been friends since they first met at a go kart track in Sweden. They had kept in touch but continuously spoke less and less as their jobs got busier. Y/n realised that she had developed a crush for Dino, seeing him walk around the paddock, her occasionally getting the odd quote from him for her articles and the increasingly rare but slightly deeper conversations they would have. Y/n didn't appeared to not enjoy these conversations and hid it well, but secretly she liked them a lot. Covering emotions was something she had gotten very good at, having to speak to most of the drivers. Therefore she had to show no support to any particular driver. Fans and a lot of drivers would call her 'the omniscient journalist' meaning that she knew everything about everyone but was successful in covering it up and remaining emotionless even when dramatic things happened.

Y/n stepped out of the MP motorsport building and walked round towards the Prema trucks. She had cleared up the MP motorsport interviews quickly so she could spend more time with Prema. Over the last few weeks, Y/n had become increasingly overwhelmed, as one would be, knowing too much about too many people. A wave of anxiety suddenly came over Y/n, but being the professional she was, shrugged it off nearly immediately.

She approached the bright red Prema trucks and was greeted by the familiar face of Angelina.

"Hi Y/n! We have Dino ready but I think Paul and Zak are still getting ready. They'll be able to join you a little later." She explained.

"Thanks! Same place as normal?" Y/n asked.

"Yes, just a little shift in the layout though. The drivers room is now up and on the left not right." Angelina smiled at her. She nodded and headed inside, following Angelina's instructions.

Y/n POV:

I knocked on the door of the drivers room and heard Dino's voice.

"Come in." I opened the door and was met by Dino lying down, looking a this phone. "Hi!"

"Hi!" I paused for a second thinking about something funny I could say to Dino as a friend. "Can't believe you left me on delivered for 6 hours yesterday!"

"Heh, sorry, phone ran out of battery." He smiled back at me. Apparently my face began falling as he spoke again. "Are you okay?"

"Yea, yea. Fine." I replied. I was in fact actually having that feeling of anxiety again. But it was getting harder to cover up. Nearly impossible.

"'You're not. You look...  like you've been better..." He continued. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away with my sleeves before Dino could notice. "Y/n?"

The tears didn't stop building up as i continued wiping my eyes. I felt as if I needed to remain the serious and strong character i had been stereotyped for being in front of Dino. I liked Dino and I didn't want him to think I was in fact weak. The tears couldn't be held back any longer as I began crying. I continued to wipe my face and cover up as well as I could what was going on, which I had already acknowledged was unsuccessful.

"Oh my gosh..." Dino stood up and brought me into his embrace. "You don't always have to be so strong. You don't have to feel afraid to tell me you're not okay. You don't have to be afraid to cry." His hand moved down as he took hold of my hand, sending butterflies to my stomach immediately. "Because I'm your friend... and maybe more. I don't know."

I looked up at him in surprise.

"You're joking... right?" I asked in shock. 

"No. Not a joke." He replied, our eyes meeting.

"So... you like me?" I responded, still in shock. Normally I could read feelings and emotions of others successfully, but this completely passed me over.

"No." He answered. I was very confused. "I love you."

"I- I love you too." I stuttered before he lightly kissed me. I suddenly felt like a weight had come off of my shoulders. The anxiety was gone and everything seemed much more in proportion. "I don't know what you did, but something just clicked and everything just seems better."

"Meant to be." Dino smiled, us meeting in the middle, kissing again.