🌼Crowded-CW09

Prompt: On a crowded train

The final whistle went to get on the train as several more groups of people piled into the carriage. Not wanting to touch anyone I didn't know, I accidentally backed into Charlie.

"Sorry!" I quickly apologised, stepping back forwards a little only to be met with some sharp words of Italian from some old lady about leaving space because she didn't want covid or whatever.

"Non sono qui fuori a cercare di ammalarmi! Spazio personale per favore!" She said quite loudly at me, making several people look. Oscar, my older brother, sniggered from two people away as he nodded for Logan to watch what was going on.

"Scusa, Scusa..." I apologised to her as a few more people came on, packing every one close together. It felt sticky and muggy in the August heat of Italy, not helped by the amount of people trying to get back into Vicenza from Grisgiano Di Zocco. There were strangers who were pressed up together, shoulder to  shoulder, back to back, the same for me and Charlie, except I was stood in front of him.

This felt particularly awkward since earlier that day, I had accidentally revealed that I had feelings for Charlie. It was indirect- he was told because I told someone who told someone else who told him. Oh how gossip spreads... he hadn't said anything about it yet but I was aware that he knew.

I turned around when one more person got on the train just as the doors were closing so I was now facing Charlie. I hadn't anticipated quite how close we were going to be.

3rd Person POV:

Charlie was pressed in close to Y/n, he could feel the warmth between them. She shot him a small, awkward smile as there eyes locked, her gaze making his stomach fill to the brim with butterflies. He was drawn to her lips and he could feel her calm, rhythmic breathing.

Suddenly, Charlie leaned in and swept her into an incredible first kiss. Their lips met as they both melted into the passion of the passion yet pure serenity and chaos of the moment.

They kissed for what felt like hours, unable to break apart. Their hearts were racing as they held each other close, unable to get enough of each other. They slowly broke apart as Y/n stared up at him.

Y/n POV:

"You're amazing," Charlie whispered, our eyes meeting once more. I felt like crying- this was what I had dreamed about since I first met Charlie at an F4 race.

He leaned in once more and kissed my forehead.

"I- I don't really know what to say... did that mean anything to you?" I asked desperately, worried he was putting on an act. How could he have though? It was so passionate and loving... it couldn't have been an act.

"That meant everything to me Y/n," Charlie smiled down at me, as he pulled me into a tight hug. "Do you maybe want to go out for coffee after we get off?"

"Of course." I smiled, quickly moving my head back to the crook of his neck. "That meant so much to me as well by the way. I've had a crush on you since we first met at Monza."

________________________________

We got off the train, waiting a few seconds for Oscar and Logan to catch up.

"Oz, I'm going with Charlie for coffee so I'll be back a bit later." I said as Logan quickly whispered something to him, smirking.

"Ok; as soon as I have a quick word with him." He answered. Shooting a quick look at Charlie, he turned to follow Oscar.

Charlie POV:

"Okay, I trust you not to hurt her, you're a good guy, but just remember- it won't end well if you do." The Australian said. I nodded as he continued. "I'm actually glad you both like each other. You're the guy I trust most at Prema to be around her alone."

"Thanks. I know she can look after herself very well, but I promise I will look after her." I nodded again, seriously.

_________________________________

Y/n POV:

After escaping the bustling train station, me and Charlie went to a small coffee shop that was nearly empty near the city centre. Oscar and Logan had gone back to Oscar's apartment so they weren't there being annoying- it was just us.

"What did Oscar say to you?" I asked after a while.

"Oh, he said that he's glad we love each other." I smiled at Oscar's response.

_________________________________

We spent the rest of the night together, enjoying each other's company. I felt almost overwhelmed with the feeling of the connection between us. We talked for hours, sharing thoughts and stories.

As the night went on, we moved closer and closer together, our bodies coming together again. The kisses were full of passion and desire. We couldn't get enough of each other, feeling deep understanding and connection.

I lay with my head on Charlie's chest, his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

It was a day I would never forget.