🌼My Brother's Best Friend- CL20

A/n- Just a quick 'warning' ig about this one: I haven't really written like this before so pls don't judge! But anyway, Enjoy 😌

It was week number 3 of living in Vincenza. Y/n opened her bedroom window to open the outside shutter before closing the window again. Glancing at her alarm clock, it was 7am. She had slept in more than she normally did, but it was a Saturday so it was fine.

Picking up her hoodie, Y/n left her room and went towards the kitchen of her families apartment. Y/n heard an extra voice in the kitchen that she didn't really recognise- it was probably one of Charlie's friends. Her older brother was Charlie Wurz, a Prema driver. The family moved to Vincenza for racing for him and her parents work. Y/n just tagged along, except she didn't have a choice.

At school, she was struggling to make friends, having only two friends that she had made in the first week of the term but they helped her a lot. Y/n was struggling with other things as well though. She would often try to learn her way around which ever new place she would go, but Vincenza was proving to be difficult. She couldn't get to grips with streets and ways to places. Italian cities to her were like moving mazes. At school, some boys were paying her attention that she didn't particularly enjoy. If they saw her in the corridor they would start whispering and nearly every week would come up and ask her wether she was single. They creeped Y/n out so she would say no every time which would always end in the same reply: 'I'd like to see him' followed by laughter in the background.

She pulled on her hoodie as she entered the room and immediately stopped when she saw the guy at sat at the kitchen counter with Charlie.
"Morning Y/n. Conrad's here to watch quali with us." Charlie explained. The tall blond boy smiled at her as she nodded. Y/n knew that Conrad would never pay her any attention, but little did she know, he had noticed her. He had unquestionably noticed her.

"Cool." She simply said, walking over to the cupboard to get a bowl for some fruit.

For the next 15 minutes, the girl kept to herself and didn't speak to any of them. Their parents had already left for work and it was just Y/n and Charlie home plus Conrad.

After finishing up breakfast, Y/n went and got changed into some black leggings and a different hoodie before heading into the living room to sit down and watch qualifying for the Singapore Grand Prix with Charlie and Conrad.

An awkward atmosphere crept into the room as Q2 started. Y/n pulled up her legs to her chest and pulled out her phone to text a friend, Sofia, back in Austria.

You:
Hello

Sofia:
Hello! How are you?

You:
Good I think.

Sofia:
Wdym I think?

You:
Idk, there's a friend of Charlie's here... there's something different about him.

Sofia:
Is it bad different?

You:
No. Absolutely not.

Sofia:
Is it a crush?

You:
No, it's different. I don't know how though.

Sofia:
I think Ik what it is but I'll leave you to work it out :)

You:
No pls tell...
SOFIA
Come back pls 😭

And with that she was offline. Y/n breathed out sharply through her nose making Charlie look over.
"You look pissed. Is it because Sainz just got fastest lap?" He said.

"Jesus, I wasn't even looking at the qualifying and you've just gone and made it worse." Y/n angrily replied back to her brother. She suddenly thought she should come up with an excuse quickly to apologise. "Sorry, it's just that friends back in Austria look like they're having loads of fun. Just Parties and stuff." Charlie gave her a sympathetic face before looking back to the TV.

Y/n looked back at her phone wanting to plead Sofia to come back online. But instead she put her earphones in and turned on some music. She pulled up her E-book and began reading.

In the book, the protagonist fell in love with someone. He wasn't there the whole time though. He was quite new into the plot- maybe a few chapters. Y/n noticed that the protagonist's lover came into her life when she was struggling most. Y/n's thoughts and character analysis was interrupted when Charlie spoke suddenly, making her jump.

"Ooo, Sainz is on pole for tomorrow. Haha sorry Y/n! Someone's a bit jumpy today!" Charlie laughed at Y/n. She rolled her eyes and clicked onto her messages to plea Sofia.

You:

Sofia pls come back online...

Sofia:

No, if i tell you it could mess it up

You:

Pls I'm literally going insane.

Sofia:

I can't. Seriously, trust the process.

Y/n swiped out of her messages and onto her music library. She hit shuffle on her playlist and the first song that came on was Heat Waves. Y/n hugged her knees in closer to her as she looked sideways to see Conrad looking at her. They both looked away immediately. Y/n began wiping the side of her face, thinking that there was something wrong with it and trying to fix her hair, which also had nothing wrong with it. In fact, Conrad had been looking at her thinking how pretty she was.

He had thought to himself that he would ask her out but didn't know what Charlie would think so immediately scrapped the idea in fear of ruining the friendship with his teammate.