🎶Somebody To You- RA81

Based on the song Somebody To You by The Vamps- highly recommend them 👀. Adorable song tho 🥹 pls enjoy I love writing this!

I smiled as Ralf sat down opposite me in the F3 Prema data room. He glanced up at me, quickly looking back to his phone and putting his earphones in. It wasn't unusual for him to not say anything to me coming into a room and I turned back to my laptop.

Ralf POV:

I clicked shuffle on my playlist and the first song that played was of course Somebody To You by The Vamps.

I pulled out my laptop and tried to begin working but couldn't get Y/n off my mind. She was going to the WEC next year and that meant I only had a month left with her being my teammate.

1 month left to tell her how I felt.

I was convinced that she didn't take much notice to me. But then again, Y/n didn't give much attention to anyone unless she chose to. She caught my eye as soon as I found out we were teammates.

Giving me the feeling of a lightning strike,

And now I was falling hard. My head made its way into my hands on the table, trying to hide the fact that I was blushing at the thought of Y/n.

"You okay Ralf?" Y/n asked, looking over her laptop at me.

"Hm? Oh, y-yea." I stuttered. She gave me a small sympathetic smile and went back to looking at her data from FP1.

All I wanna be, yeah, all I ever be, yeah, yeah, is somebody to you

It was now or probably never. And I could not choose never.

"Actually, can I talk to you about s-something?" I asked shakily.

"Yeah, Anytime!" Y/n agreed, her Y/E/C finding mine.

Y/n POV:

"Am I somebody to you?" I looked at Ralf confused at his question.

"Yes, of course..." I answered, but he still looked uneasy.

"I mean in a more... meaningful way." He picked his words carefully. I stopped to think about it. Obviously Ralf was my teammate, even friend I would say. But there was a small feeling I'd never had for a friend before, but I assumed it was because we were in a job.

"Teammate, friend of you will, and..." I paused wondering wether I should say or not. "I don't know... there's something else to it."

Ralf's lips curled into a small smile which he quickly hid again. I smiled suddenly realising what was going on.

"Ralf, just kiss me. I can tell you want to." He stopped and looked at me.

"You being serious?" He asked surprised, us both standing up.

"Why would I play with your feelings like that? Yes I'm being serious." I gently responded.

His hands made their way to my waist as I loosely wrapped my arms round his neck. His lips lightly landed on mine, but it quickly deepening when one of his hands moved up to my jawline. We both pulled away, both loving the gentle yet affectionate embrace of it all.

"I love you so so much and I'm sorry, I- I jus-" Ralf began.

"Ralf, I love you too and there is no need for apology anywhere for you." I said as I played with his shirt collar. "And I know what that 'something else' is to."

He grinned widely and gently pulled my head into his chest and began lightly playing with my hair.

"I'm gunna miss you so much when you move to WEC..." Ralf said.

"We'll still see each-other though! Between races, maybe even during race weekends. And since we're both still with Prema, we will still each other at the factory as well."

"So do we want to call official?" Ralf asked. "Or is it too soon?"

"Of course!" I answered as he kissed the top of my head. "Also, can I have help with my data? I think the data is wrong with my 4th lap in Quali..."

Ralf nodded and sat down next to me in front of my laptop. His eyes scanned through all the data, finding 0 errors. It must have been a perfect lap.

"Y/n, there's no mistakes! Do you remember back in F4, we got shown what a perfect lap's data would look like and told it wasn't possible? I think you got a perfect lap!" Ralf eventually said, putting an arm round my waist. I clapped my hands over my mouth in amazement.

"It put me on pole as well!" I laughed in surprise. A couple of the engineers walked in, giving me and Ralf an odd look before talking about qualifying.

"Really good qualifying you two! And that's Pole and P2!" One of the engineers said to us.

"Wait... I don't want to fight you for the race win..." I said sadly, looking at Ralf. "I mean either way you will get 3rd in the championship and I will at best get 4th but still."

The two of us continued to analyse data, closely say together. I didn't know until when the LAP video came out, Angelina had got a video of me and Ralf together.