🌼I Think I'm In Love- CL20

Prompt: I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified.

I saw the gap up the inside of the three current podium cars in the race coming onto the last lap. There was more than enough space to get through. I accelerated out of the corner and dived up the inside of two of the cars, the one in P1 gaining a little lead. I was on the inside as we came into turn 1 so braked a little later to accelerate forwards on the next straight. The car in first tried to cut me off coming into turn 2 which resulted in his rear hitting my front tyre, sending me off into the barrier at nearly 200MPH on the thinnest part of the track. The impact was hard and I felt it. I sat still in the car for a few seconds before my engineer radioed.

"Are we all okay? Y/n, Y/n" My engineer said.

"Ye-" I began replying and he began talking again.

"Okay, you are still on the track, so you need to get out the car in the next 30 seconds." The engineer explained with urgency. I undid the strap, pulled out the steering wheel and quickly jumped up and ran to the gap in the fence where there were Marshall's waiting. Just before I got to the fence, I felt a major pain in my leg and limped the rest of the way to the fence.

"Y/n, you okay?" One of the marshals asked. I almost forgot about my leg and started thinking about how it had happened.

"The fuck was he thinking?" I said quite calmly but and underlying tone of anger.

"Are you okay?" The marshal said louder.

"My leg hurts a bit but it will be fine." I replied, standing with my hands on my hips and looking at the car.

I got back to the garage where I thought I would be shouted at by my engineer and my teammates would be annoyed that the team wouldn't have a definite P2 but I was instead engulfed in hugs.

"And what is this for?" I asked confused.

"That was a massive crash Y/n, you're lucky to not be too hurt." My engineer said. "Now, the marshal said that your leg hurts so medical centre. Now."

I groaned but followed his instructions. I arrived and they began the normal questions and began some physio work.

"Y/n? Thank God you're not dead!" One of my teammates Sebastian burst into the room.

"Hi Sebas, you okay?" I smiled at him.

"Are YOU okay?" He asked.

"Leg hurts a little but it's fine, I'll be up for next race weekend." I replied.

"Okay Y/n, you're all good to go, just take training easy for the next few days." The medic smiled. I thanked her and went back to the drivers room with Sebas.

"Uhm... where's Conrad and Kiril?" I asked when we walked in. At this time after a race, they would normally be in the drivers room.

"Oh shit." Sebas said as he stood up and quickly made his way to the door. I followed him, worried what I was going to see.

"That was a massive crash man! You could've easily given her life changing injuries!" Kiril said angrily to the guy who caused the crash.

"There was clearly not space to do another overtake coming into the corner!" Conrad added frustrated.

"She doesn't know anything about racing! And apparently you don't either, feminist!" The guys argued back.

"I'm done with you." Kiril said as he turned and walked towards the Prema trucks, leaving it as Conrad vs the guy.

"Y/n isn't supposed to be this high up in motorsport. It's quite clearly a male sport and she's just going and proving why it is." The guy continued.

"No. You were responsible for that. You had the choice to not swerve in front of her and you did. And not only that, making contact in the process which resulted in a massive crash." Conrad argued back.

"It's like your in love with her or something." He laughed.

"Well maybe I am. But that doesn't change anything." Conrad finished.

"Then I'll get her out for every race for the rest of the season." He said. It was like a banquet left out for free and no one guarding it.

"Not if I get there first" I said loudly, smirking.

"And I will see you later." Sebas whispered to me before jogging off. Conrad spun around when he heard me. He walked up and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He mumbled into my head.

"You didn't need to do that for me." I whispered. We walked back to the drivers room but Kiril and Sebas had already left. "Ugh, they're gone already."

"Actually this is a good time to talk to you about something." Conrad said quietly. I was about to go on and ramble about the crash but stopped myself. "I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified"

"Terrified of what?" I asked as he came and stood infront of where I was sat.

"That crash- what if it happens again and it is really bad?" He said.

"Kiss me." I let it slide. "It's been long enough."

He didn't hold back as his lips landed on mine. It was a lengthy but gentle kiss, full of warmth and affection. I was the first to pull away due to the lack of oxygen but was quickly enveloped into Conrad's arms.