CHAPTER 30: Issues + Upcoming Revelation

Start from the beginning

That’s what matters the most. I shouldn’t think of anything. I should believe him.

But why do I have this uneasy feeling?

Shit…

I need to see those pictures.

~*~

My day on the restaurant passed by so fast without me noticing it. I’m actually glad our boss still accepted me here even if I’m absent for three consecutive days without any valid reason.

I entered the staff’s room and saw Nikki. She didn’t bother to look at me as she keeps on fixing her things. She already changed her clothes. From the time I entered the restaurant, the only thing Nikki said to me was Hi—and that’s when our workmates noticed that she’s a bit off me.

“Niks, wait for me. Let’s go home together.” I said as I walked just beside her to fix my things.

“I need to go somewhere else.” She responded without looking at me.

“W-where?”

“Party. I need to loosen up. Someone’s giving me a terrible headache.”

I heaved out a sigh, knowing that that someone who is giving her a terrible headache is no other than me. “N-nikki, look, I’m sorry. Okay?”

“For what?” She straightens his pace and looks at me. “For hoping that Greyson would actually be in the front door of my apartment begging for you to come back?”

“Nikki, h-he said he loves me.”

Hey eyebrow lifted. “And you actually believed that? After that interview, he went out with Lauren.”

“I… I know. But t-they were best friends.”

“My god, YN. Best friends my butt. Did you even see their pictures? Their hands were intertwined, smiling at each other like they were some sort of first timers in love, they even dine together! They were taking care of each other. They even kissed! How stupid can you be to not see that someone might have given him an instruction to answer that way so he could keep his relationship with Lauren?”

“Why are you like that?” I managed to ask as my eyes watered.

“Like what? Like a concern best friend? YN, I was happy for you when I heard him say that he loves you. But it was replaced by anger when I saw those pictures. Someone actually left tons of copies of those in the front door of my apartment this morning! YN, did he even text you after that interview? Did he even make an effort to show that what he said on national TV is true? Did you even hear a single word from him?”

Before I knew it, my hands involuntarily wiped away the tears flowing on my cheeks. “S-stop. I don’t want to hear anything.”

“Forget him, YN. He doesn’t deserve you. He might have amnesia, but he should be considerate with your feelings.”

“I cannot… forget him, Nikki. You know… that.” I said in between sniffs.

“But you can at least try! I thought you already said good bye to him completely? Just because of his kisses, you’ll come back to him? Oh god. Show him you don’t care. Show him you’re strong enough to not have him by your side. YN, please don’t be like those girls on movies who is going to soak themselves daydreaming that their prince charming would realized by himself that he actually loves the girl. This is reality, YN. Show you’re tough and they won’t break you.” And with that, she gets her bag and went out of the staff’s room leaving me confused on what to do.