Chapter 9

It had been about a week or so, since the entrance exam happened. Though Y/N was confident about his score, Izuku was...

Y/N: *poking Izuku with his chopsticks* Izu? Hello? Anyone there?

Izuku snaps back to reality. (Pls don't)

Inko: *worried* Izuku?! Are you alright?! Why are you smiling at your fish like that?!

Izuku: A-Ah, sorry. It's nothing.

He starts to chow down at his rice.

Y/N: Oi! Calm down! You'll chok-

Y/N chokes on his fish.

Inko: *passing the water glass to Y/N* I told you to not talk while eating.

Y/N drinks the water in one gulp as he exhales loudly.

Y/N: I'm sorry.

He looks back at Izuku, who was still inhaling his rice.

It had been a week since the exam, and from what Izuku told Y/N, One for All manifested later than he thought, so, he was unable to defeat any villains.

Ever since Y/N heard that, he had been staying up all nights, trying to find any sort of thing to help Izuku.

He found out that if someone was to perform poorly in the practical part of the exam, but splendidly in the written part, they would be transferred to the general education classes.

And upon the sports festival that was to be held later in the year, if a student from the general ed classes was to perform well enough, they would be drafted to the hero course.

One way or another, Izuku still had a chance to get into UA's hero course. But there was one more thing...

All Might had not reached out to either Izuku, or Y/N, ever since the exam had finished.

But there was this... Feeling, that Y/N couldn't shake off.

If this was a hero course, then there must be something else than just kicking robot butts, right? If that was all, a villain could also do that, that doesn't mean that the villain can now be a hero, right?

There was something more... But... What...?

What was i-

Inko: I-I-I-I-IZU! Y-Y-Y-Y-Y/N! IT'S HERE!

Y/N: Mom, calm down.

She then hands the two two letters with UA's seal upon them.

Y/N: Well, here it goes, huh, Izu?

He looks back at Izuku who was staring at his letter.

Y/N: Come on, cheer up bud.

The two go in their room as Inko stays outside the room, walking left and right, trying to get rid of her nervousness.

-in the room-

Y/N: *deep breath* Alright, here we go. He opens the letter and takes a small projector thingy out.

Y/N: It's gotta have an on switch, right?

He examines the thing.

Y/N: Oh, here we are.

He presses the button and the projection starts.

All Might: I am on the screen now!

Y/N: Woah, crap. That startled me.

All Might: There was paperwork to do, so I couldn't contact you two.

He bows.

All Might: Apologies.

Y/N: Would he even know if I accept his apology or not...?

All Might: The reason I came to this town-

Y/N: So he doesn't.

All Might: Was because I'll be working at UA!

Y/N: Okay, and?

All Might: Written exam apart, you were able to amass a total of 71 points! So you've passed! In that manner, your brother has failed.

Y/N: But-

All Might: If that was all there was to it.

All Might starts a video recording, of Mineta and Y/N working together.

Y/N: That's-

All Might: Minoru Mineta, a young man who was too scared to move in the first few minutes. Was able to amass a total of 47 points. All because one boy gave him the small push he needed.

Y/N looks at the screen, eager to listen to what the projection would say next.

All Might: You and your brother, you both helped other contestants by using yourself as bait or not even caring about yourself. What kind of hero course would reject someone who instantly helps someone they see in the need of help without caring about the consequences that follow? Call that exercise? Bring it on!

A small smirk appeared at Y/N's face.

All Might: That's why, we had "rescue points"! The basic thing UA looks for in these exams! Y/N Midoriya! 45 rescue points! Izuku Midoriya! 60 rescue points!

Y/N was grinning as he stared at the screen.

All Might: Come. Both of you. This... Is your hero academy.

Y/N: Yes sir!

---

We see Inko prancing left and right, as the sound of door locks clicking grab her attention.

Y/N and Izuku come out of their rooms, as Inko looks at them, eager for anything.

Y/N: Wanna be the one to tell her?

Izuku nods as he smiles at Inko, a second later, Inko's eyes start to water as she starts to cry.

Inko: *crying* My boys!

Y/N goes and hugs Inko as Izuku follows and hugs the woman as well and we see Inko tightly hugging her sons while crying her eyes out.

A/N: Chapter 9 done!

Hope you guys liked it,

Till the next time,

Sayonara.