Chapter 5

Inko: I'm sorry Izuku! I'm so sorry!

---

Bakugo: Why are you two here?!

Izuku: My legs moved on their own! And I'm sure that's what happened with Y/N too!

---

Toshinori: You can become a hero!

---

This is the story, of how Izuku and Y/N became the world's greatest and most memorable heroes.

---

Toshinori: I deem you worthy of inheriting my quirk.

Izuku & Y/N: ... Huh?

Toshinori starts to laugh.

Toshinori: What's with those faces? It's just a suggestion. The real show starts from here.

He raises his hand, with a finger pointing up to the sky, as he points at Izuku, while coughing blood.

Toshinori: Listen, young man. You need to decide if you will inherit my power or not!

Izuku: *confused* W-What is All Might saying? 

Toshinori: The tabloids always called it "super-strength" and a "boost", and I always dodged the question during interviews with a funny joke. Because the symbol of peace, All Might, had to be a natural-born hero. But young men, I will tell you two the truth.

He spreads his hands out, for dramatic purposes.

Toshinori: My quirk is a sacred torch passed down to me. 

Izuku: *still confused* Passed down to you...?

Y/N: *yawn*

Toshinori: That's right. And now, it's your turn, young man.

Izuku then goes off into one of his classic muttering fits.

Y/N:  I got him.

He smacks Izuku lightly on the head.

Izuku: *coming back to normal* Huh?

Y/N: Stop and listen carefully, will you?

Toshinori: *dramatic poses* I may hide a lot of things, but I never lie.

Y/N: That... still leaves a lot of grey area there...

Toshinori: The power to transfer power... That is the quirk I was given.

Y/N: Oh, so we are gonna go ahead, almost as if I'm not even here. Okay, cool.

Toshinori: I was crowned, with "One for All".

Izuku: One for All...?

Toshinori: That's right. One person cultivates the power, and passes it down to another, who cultivates it, and passes it down further. It's the crystallization of power that spins together the voices of those who need help with a courageous heart.

Y/N: *wondering what All Might looks like in real life* Hmm... I'll check it out on Google when we get home... I'm hungry...

Toshinori: I have been looking for a successor. And then, I thought that it would be alright for you two to inherit it.

Y/N: Hold on, two? Neh, I'll pass.

 Toshinori: Huh? But, why?

Y/N: I don't know, just... neh.

Toshinori: Well, I can't change your mind, it's all up to you. So... 

He turns to Izuku.

Toshinori: What about you, young man?