20: The Demon Within

...

Last Time on TSOTSH...

The Nine Tails' laughter filled Naruto's mind. "You want revenge, don't you? Do you want to protect the people you care about? Well, I can help you with that. Take my power, boy. Take it, and you will have your revenge."

Naruto hesitated for a moment. Then he looked straight into the Nine Tails' eyes and said, "Okay. I'll do it." The next moment, he felt a searing pain throughout his body as if he were being consumed by fire. And then, everything went black.

...

Everyone watched in horror as Zoro fell into the water. The battlefield was deathly quiet; the only sound anyone could hear was Zoro's body hitting the water.

The deafening silence was only broken by Luffy's anguished cry of "Zoro!" Tears welled up in his eyes as he stretched his arm and launched himself towards Mihawk. "You bastard!" He yelled. 

Mihawk raised his head to look at Luffy and easily dodged the punch. "Are you a comrade of the swordsman?" he asked calmly.

Luffy flew past him and landed on the ground, frustrated at his failed attempt. "Damn it," Luffy muttered under his breath. "He's fast."

"Don't worry, child, that man is still alive," Mihawk reassured Luffy as he turned to face him.

Then, to Luffy's relief, he saw Yosaku and Johnny emerge from the sea, pulling Zoro out of the water. Luffy sighed in relief, grateful that his friend was still alive.

...

Usopp stood frozen and stunned as he watched Zoro fall to the ground. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Then, he shifted his gaze toward Naruto and noticed the boy shaking uncontrollably. Usopp couldn't see Naruto's eyes but felt he was crying.

"Hey, Naruto," Usopp said, trying to sound reassuring. "Are you okay, buddy?" he asked as he touched Naruto's shoulder.

Suddenly, as soon as Usopp's hand touched Naruto's skin, he felt a searing pain, as if his hand had been burned. "Ouch!" he yelped, quickly pulling his hand away from Naruto's shoulder. "What the hell?" he asks.

Naruto's head snapped towards Usopp.

Usopp gasped. "What happened to your eyes?" he asked. Naruto's eyes weren't the standard blue; they were blood red.

The next thing Usopp knew, Naruto was letting out an ear-piercing scream. "I'm going to kill you, bastard!" Naruto yelled angrily as he launched himself at Mihawk.

...

Kakashi's gaze was fixed on the open book in his hands. His expression was tense as he felt a familiar presence. "This isn't good," he mumbled to himself. Then he snapped the book shut with a loud thud. Without further hesitation, he leaped down from the and ran towards the action. Restaurant's rooftop