3: Meet the New Crew-Mate, Roronoa Zoro! Part 2

Coby tried to reason with Luffy, "They're marine! Calm down!" The crowd began to chatter.

"As long as I'm breathing, he won't touch them!" Luffy declared, attempting to shake off Coby.

Helmeppo was in shock, "You hit me! How dare you! When my dad hears, you'll pay! I'm Lieutenant Morgan's son!" he finished hysterically.

The crowd tensed.

Luffy rolled his eyes and said, "I don't care if he was your grandmother. Why don't you fight me yourself?"

"Luffy, please don't do this. You'll put them in more danger," Coby reasoned with the captain.

"You'll get the death sentence for sure!" Helmeppo exclaimed as he ran away.

"I could've taken him," pouted Luffy dismissively.

Coby is freaking out, "We're in serious trouble, Luffy... if Morgan finds out you hit his son, he might send the Marines after us! What are we going to do?"

Luffy laughed and shrugged. "We'll deal with that when it comes."

Ruka's mom ran towards the group, scolding her daughter for getting involved with strangers.

"Mom, please let them stay. They're good people," Rika pleaded cutely.

Ruka's mother sighed. "This is why you shouldn't talk to strangers, Rika," she said, looking at her daughter's cute face before giving in.

"Come back to the house when you are done!" Rika said a few minutes later,

"Bye, Rika! Thanks for the yummy food!" Luffy yelled, and then he looked at Coby. "Now let's go; we gotta talk to Zoro and Naruto."

Coby nodded hesitantly, and the two were off toward the marine base.

...

Meanwhile, Zoro and Naruto

Zoro broke the silence with a question directed at Naruto, "Why did you do it?"

Naruto looked at the green-haired man with confusion. "Do what?"

"Why did you join the straw hat's crew?" Zoro asked

"What did you say?" Naruto asked before realizing what was being referred to. "Oh, you mean my brother! Luffy and I both have dreams that we want to achieve. So, why not support each other toward achieving them?" Naruto said with pride. "We made a promise to help each other a long time ago. Plus, we're brothers, so we're kinda stuck with each other." Naruto finished with a laugh.

Zoro was taken aback by his response. "What is your dream then?"

With a proud grin, Naruto declared, "I will become the best Kaizoku Hokage ever!"

Zoro was surprised by Naruto's determination. "What?" Zoro asked. 'This kid knows what he wants...' Zoro thought. He smiled slightly. "That's a big dream for someone your size," Zoro teased Naruto.

"Hey, I'm still growing, you dense-headed moss ball!" he exclaimed in frustration. "I'm willing to do whatever it takes to achieve my dream, no matter how difficult or lengthy the journey may be," Naruto declared with a glimmer of determination in his gaze."

After a brief pause, Zoro entertained the idea of joining them. He smiled at Naruto, saying, "You remind me of myself as a kid. Your attitude will take you far in life." The compliment made Naruto smile.

" The compliment made Naruto smile