17: The Bell Test?!

...

Last Time on TSOTSH...

Naruto's eyes were glued to the ground as he explained, "Because I've never fought a Shinobi before, and from what I can tell, you're pretty strong!" Then he looked Kakashi in the eye and pointed at him. "So, fight me!" he declared.

Kakashi studied Naruto briefly, taking in his enthusiasm and determination. After a while, he sighed and nodded. "Okay," he said, "I'll fight you."

...

Naruto's eyes widened in surprise as he heard Kakashi's offer. "You... will?" he asked, not believing his ears.

Kakashi gave a nod. "Meh, why not," he said nonchalantly. "I guess a little workout won't hurt."

Naruto's heart was pounding excitedly, and his hands shook slightly.

"But first!" Kakashi put his finger up. "Tell me about yourself. Your favorite things, what you hate the most, dreams, ambitions, hobbies, etc."

Naruto looked at him with confusion. "But why?" he asked.

"I like to get to know the person I am fighting," Kakashi said with a shrug as if it was obvious.

Naruto raised an eyebrow. "You are kinda weird," he said hesitantly. "Why don't you introduce yourself first?" he suggests.

"Oh, me?" Kakashi said. "Well, my name is Kakashi Hatake. I'm not one to talk about my personal preferences or reveal my aspirations for the future. However, I have many hobbies that keep me occupied."

Naruto blinked a few times, trying to process Kakashi's response. "Is there anything else?" he asked.

Kakashi shook his head. "That's about it." He said. "But enough about me," he said. "What about you, blondie?"

Naruto grinned. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki," he said proudly. "I love a good bowl of ramen, spending time with my brother and friends, and training to become stronger. I don't like waiting for the water to boil for three minutes,"

Suddenly, Naruto's expression became more serious. "But you know what I really hate?" he said, looking down. "When people judge you based on what's inside, without even bothering to see the real you."

"And what is your dream for the future?" Kakashi asks.

With blazing determination in his eyes, Naruto responded with an unwavering voice, "My dream is to become the first-ever Kaizoku Hokage! I want to protect my friends and help my brother become the King of the Pirates!" His face lit up with a bright smile as he spoke, his passion evident in every word.

Kakashi couldn't help but let out a chuckle at Naruto's declaration.

"What's so funny?" Naruto asked, a hint of frustration in his voice.