7: The Battle is on! The Straw-hats vs. The Buggy Pirates.

After the battle with Mohji, everyone sat around waiting for Zoro to improve. Shushu went towards the camp the other civilians were. The group became quiet until Nami spoke up.

"Hey, um... Luffy!" Nami started. The two brothers looked at her. "I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier."

Luffy looked at her, confused. "It's okay. You lost someone important to you because of pirates."

Naruto looked at the orange-haired girl with sympathy. "You've been through a lot, haven't you?" Naruto asks.

Nami looked at the blonde with wide eyes.

Naruto smiled up at her. "I get resenting pirates, some of them are horrible, but not all of them are bad!" Then Naruto stood up and showed Nami his necklace. "My mom was a pirate before I was born! The only thing I know about her is that she was a good person with a sense of helping people in need!" He says proudly.

Luffy smiles at his brother and puts one of his hands on his head. Naruto laughed at this action.

Nami looked at the two brothers with interest. Maybe Naruto is right. Maybe pirates aren't alike like she thought. Maybe...she'll join them for a while until they find a replacement navigator. She was shaken out of her thoughts as the Mayor was screaming.

"I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!" He yelled. "It's pathetic! Shushu and you youngsters fighting like this! I'm the Village chief, but I can only watch our village being trampled!"

"Wait, Mayor, Calm down!" Nami attempted to calm the man down, but he didn't listen.

Naruto and Luffy grinned at the old man.

"That's right, old man!" Luffy said, and Naruto nodded his head.

"Don't encourage him!" Nami scolded the two brothers. 

"This village and the villagers are my treasure!" Boodle yelled. "What kind of chief doesn't protect his own village! I'm going to fight!" He said with determination.

"That's what I like to hear, old man!" Naruto grinned. Suddenly in the distance, Naruto heard in the distance. "Fire the Buggy ball!"

In an instant, the group was blown away by the cannon fire, everything destroyed in the crossfire. Even the Mayor's house, where Zoro slept.

"Zoro!" Naruto yelled.

"i-is he dead?" Nami asks.

"Hey, Zoro! Are you still alive?" Luffy yelled in the rubble.

Naruto was about to run to the moss-headed man, but a noise stopped him.

"Argh." Zoro groaned. "Yeah. I'm good." he said as he stretched. "that was some wake-up call." He yawned as he stood up.

Luffy sighed with relief. Then he smiled widely at his friend.

"Hey, you stupid moss head! What the hell was that?" Naruto yelled with anger. Then the blonde boy ran to him and hit him on the head.

"Ow!" Zoro glared at Naruto. "What was that for? You damn brat!" Then he started chasing after Naruto while Luffy was laughing at the two.

Nami was shocked. "H-how did you survive that?" 'These guys are scary!' Nami concluded.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and saw the old man going towards the pub. The last thing everyone heard was.

"Just you wait, Buggy, the clown! I'm going to kick your ass!" He yelled with determination.

"That guy is going to get killed!" Nami said with worry. "Aren't you going to do something?" Nami asks Luffy.

"Don't worry!" Luffy said with a smile. "I like that old man. I'm not going to let him die!" He added.