10: The Plan

"Did he just say 'assassinate'?" Naruto asked the two older boys.

"Shh!" they both exclaimed.

...

"Assassinate is such an ugly word!" Klahador stated.

"Ah! You're right," Jango said. "Let's call it an accident, Captain Kuro."

"I gave up that name three years ago!" The now named Captain Kuro said. "Don't call me by that name again! You're the captain now."

"I still remember that day vividly. It was quite a shock to me," Jango reminisced. "You declared that you were giving up piracy and appointed me the new captain." Jango let out a deep sigh. "During my previous tenure under your leadership, I enjoyed numerous perks. Can I expect a fair share this time as well?"

Kuro sighed and reluctantly agreed. "Fine, if you accomplish the task, you will receive your fair share," he stated sternly. "But before you eliminate her, you must first hypnotize her and ensure that she writes my name in her will," Kuro explained. "This will allow me to rightfully claim the three years of my life that I have invested in her health," he added with a sinister smirk.

...

"This is bad..." Usopp exclaimed nervously, feeling sweat starting to trickle down his face. "This very, very bad." He said as he gulped.

"Hey, what's going on?" Luffy asks, looking down the cliff at the two people. "It doesn't look good."

Usopp's wide-eyed expression showed his disbelief as he asked, "Did you not hear what they said? This is not good! They're serious!" He turned sharply towards Luffy, then back to the two people before him. "They've been planning to get their hands on Kaya's family wealth for three years." Usopp explained, 'And that kid punched him.' Usopp thought as he searched for Naruto, but he was nowhere to be found. "Hey!" he called out, catching Luffy's attention.

"What?" Luffy asks.

"Where's your brother?" Usopp asks.

"He's down there," Luffy said, pointing to Naruto, confronting two men.

"He's down there," Usopp said, relaxing. "What?" he yelled, as his head snapped towards Naruto. "W-w-w-what the hell is he doing down there?" He asked Luffy frantically, shaking him.

 "W-w-w-what the hell is he doing down there?" He asked Luffy frantically, shaking him

...

Naruto stood before Kuro and Jango, arms crossed. "I knew you were bad news, you big forehead freak!" he exclaimed, pointing at Kuro.

"Oh, it's you," Kuro said as he glared at Naruto. "Did you hear anything?" He asks.

Naruto nodded, saying, "Yep, I heard everything!"

The two men stood silently as Jango stepped forward and said, "Sorry to do this, kid, but take a look at this pendulum."

"Hmm?" Naruto tilted his head, watching the circular object sway.