14: The End of the Usopp Pirates

The group stood together, their eyes locked on Jango, who ran towards the slope.

The adrenaline rush of finally catching up to him made Naruto yell, "Alright! We got him!" He was followed by the other three boys, who joined the celebration. But their joy was short-lived, as they noticed Usopp being carried by Zoro.

"You guys!" Usopp screamed, his voice filled with fear and concern as the duo came closer.

"Captain!" The three younger boys shouted, their relief evident on their faces.

"Hey, Zoro!" Naruto greeted with a bright smile.

As Usopp scanned his surroundings, he realized that Kaya or Jango was nowhere to be seen. Panic began to set in as he frantically searched for them. "Where is that hypnotist?" Usopp asked, his voice trembling with fear. He couldn't shake off the feeling that something was terribly wrong.

Suddenly, he erupted, "WHERE'S KAYA?" He struggled to get off Zoro, who winced in pain as he tried to turn his head. "Hey, you're hurting me," Zoro protested.

Usopp's face contorted in worry and anger as he turned to his crew and demanded an explanation. "Did you let Kaya get taken? Did he hurt her?" he asked, but no one answered. Feeling the heat rise in his chest, he turned to Naruto and grabbed his collar, his voice booming with rage. "I explicitly told you to keep her safe! What the hell have you been doing?" he yelled, his eyes flashing with fury.

As the tension in the air grew thicker, Zoro stepped closer to the group, ready to intervene. However, Naruto held his hand up, signaling he could handle the situation.

"Actually," Naruto began, as he looked into Usopp's angry eyes, "you told them," he said, pointing at the three younger boys, "to protect her." Naruto's tone was calm and measured, and he wore a slight smile on his face as he spoke.

Usopp's eyes narrowed, and his anger only grew. "Where is she?" he demanded, his voice low and menacing.

"I took her to the doctor in town," Naruto replied quickly, sensing the tension in the air.

Usopp's grip on Naruto's collar tightened momentarily before slowly releasing it. "What?" he asked, his voice a mixture of confusion and disbelief.

"She looked really sick, so I made clones to help your crew out while I ran to the doctor," Naruto explained proudly.

Zoro flashed a grin at Naruto. "Nice work, kid," he said, impressed by Naruto's quick thinking. 

Naruto blushed, feeling a surge of pride at the compliment.

Usopp looked relieved. "So, she's safe now?" he asked, referring to the person they had been trying to protect.

Naruto nodded, then turned his attention to Zoro. "How's Luffy? Did he manage to take down that butler?" he asked eagerly.

"When we left him, they were still going at it," Zoro said, leaning casually against a nearby tree. "Are we-"

"Let's go!" Naruto exclaimed as he avoided Zoro's eyes. "Luffy has probably already beaten him up. So, let's head towards the slope!" Without waiting for a response, he quickly turned toward the slope.

Usopp and Zoro were left exchanging confused looks. Usopp couldn't help but voice his concerns. "So, are we going to ignore that he has a demon inside him?" he asked, clearly worried about Naruto's well-being.

Zoro, on the other hand, seemed unfazed. "For now," he replied with a shrug before calmly walking towards the slope.

"Hey!" Usopp yelled, urgently halting Zoro in his tracks. "The slope's the other way!" He yelled as he gestured in the right direction.