Chapter 2 -going to Italy

Nora Pov

The day finally ended, and I'm now walking to Starbucks to do my homework there. I always do my homework there. I just can't stop thinking about that guy, Lorenzo, who I bumped into today, he looked hot, yet cute too. Omg his eyes. His lips-. Why the fuck am I talking like this about a guy that I don't even know.

After a while I finally arrived and went to the cashier. "Hi I'll just get my usual with a chocolate donut, please."I ask and she nodded and said, "I'll get that right to you."she said with a big smile.

I went and sat in my usual spot I always sit in. When I got comfortable I got out my homework that I got, and started working, cuz I got a lot. Halfway through my Drama, a waiter brought my stuff and said a small 'thanks' and she nodded and left.

I started doing my homework again till I got a call from an unknown number from Italy. What, why? But I answer anyway. "Hello, who is this?"I ask confused.

"Hi, yes is this Nora Berkshire?"the unknown person asks. "Yes, why who is this?"I ask wondering who it could possibly be. "Yes, uhm I'm a police officer from Italy, and I'm calling to say that your parents got into a car crash and didn't make it."he says with pity and I frown. "Uhm what the fuck are they doing in Italy?"I ask, I mean why didn't they tell me, this whole time I thought they were in Chicago.

"I'm not sure miss, but they have a son, your brother, he wasn't in the car atleast but he needs someone to take care of him, since he's only 16, so will you be able to take your brother in?"he asks and my eyes go big.

I haven't seen my brother since I was 18, cuz I went to college and I couldn't handle my dad, my brother didn't want me too leave, but I had to. I just hope he'll be happy to stay with me and that he still...loves me atleast.

"Yes, I will thanks and I'll be going to Italy tomorrow."I say ending the call. I can't believe my parents are...dead. it's not that I'm not sad, I am, it's just... my dad was the problem... he would yell at me for literally nothing. And... he would slap me behind mom's back.

My mom was the sweetest best mom ever. She was nothing like my dad, she and dad would get in arguments Yes, but it atleast it wasn't that bad, she would take care of us like a real mother would. She was the best. I feel like I'm gonna cry any moment so I stand up, put money on the table and walk out Starbucks.

I called a cab and a while later it came, I got in and said the address of where to drop me off. I got there after 5 minutes, went in and immediately broke down.

Your probably gonna ask why am I crying? Well I'm not crying for my dad I'm crying for my mom. The fact that I'll never get to see her again, it just breaks my heart.

I don't know for how long I was on the floor crying, but eventually I got up and went into the shower and did my routine, I do every night. The water is relaxing, the cold water.

After doing my routine I got dry and went into my closet and put my pj's on. After doing that I booked a flight too Italy. The plane leaves at 4:25pm. After booking my flight I started packing.

After packing for an hour I had 2 big suitcases and a duffle bag. I thought that maybe me and my brother could stay there for 2 weeks and then we can come back to France. I wonder how he looks like, my brother I mean.

It was now 6pm so I though maybe I could buy some MCDONALD'S,  my favorite. I was now watching movie in the living room when the doorbell rang.

I went and opened it and saw it was my food. I payed, he left and I went back to watching movie and ate my favorite food of all time. Some people would say, how does a French girl love MCDONALD'S, and not Frances own food. Well MCDONALD'S is amazing especially their fries.