chapter 9, firsts for everything

It had been some time sense Ru realized she was bi, and she found herself being in Rosie's makeshift lab more. She ended up opting out of many of her classes and doing them online, which was easier for her to learn because really the only distraction was the hot curly haired professor studying multiple mega stones that she had ended up discovering at the academy, with the occasional call to sycamore to talk about her discoveries. Ru liked it in this lab, the quiet beeps, the nice little corner she could call hers, it made her feel safe. Not to mention the occasional times that Rosie napped with her in the corner was her favorite, feeling Rosie's arm and strong arms around her, back pressed into Rosie, it could make some straight couples jealous of their bond, despite them not yet dating of course.  

At the moment, Ru was walking down the hall when she saw a poster on her way to Rosie's lab. she picked it up and saw it was about a dance, she had never gone to one before, the thought of the bright lights, loud music, loud talking, it made her overwhelmed already, but it was a high school experience, and she did want to try it. She took a flier for the dance and walked to Rosie's lab, she placed it down near where Rosie was, making Rosie take a moment to look at it and read it over quickly, and Rosie looked at Ru with a raised eyebrow "A dance, I feel like you'd last 'bout, 20 seconds before having a panic attack, and that's me having faith in you newbie."

Ru pouted and huffed. "Well, maybe I've been working on my tolerance, and I want to go. But I thought I might as well ask you to come with me, as a friend of course!" Ru's cheeks went red, and she took a seat, crossing her arms, a slight pout on her face.

Rosie sighed and then smiled. "Man, how can I reject that offer when you have that face?" Rosie teased slightly, snickering slightly and Ru pouted more, and hid her face, flustered now by Rosie's teasing. "But yeah, I'll accompany you to the dance." Rosie smiled and picked up a sun hair clip, it was golden, with a key stone in the center and she went to Ru, and while Ru was distracted Rosie started to do Ru's hair, twirling it and putting it together in the center. "So, I've done some researching about the mega stone I had found, the one that's Eevee colored. I've determined what it is, it's an Eeveite." Rosie smiled as she started to explain, and she put the hair clip in Ru's hair. "I'm confident in my Eevee's ability to handle itself, so I thought it'd be a nice gift for you, but you don't have a keystone. So, I talked to Sycamore, and he sent a mega stone over here." Rosie then showed Ru the final product, Ru's eyes widening, and she blushed seeing her hair done like that, her bangs were out of her eyes, making it easier to see, and the hair clip was absolutely beautiful too. Ru could feel herself falling so much deeper in love, Rosie was so kind, and so strong. Ru looked over and saw Rosie giving Angel a matching bow on her ear, with a sun and the Eeveite. Rosie then took a picture of them both a chuckle. "I'm not sure what Angel will look like mega evolved, but I'm very sure you both will pull it off." 

Ru nodded, smiling so much it made her cheeks sore. She had a date to the dance, sure it was as friends, but it didn't mean it was any less exciting! The next day's Ru went shop dressing, of course not letting Rosie come to see what dress she was going to pick. 

It was soon the time of the dance, Ru was wearing a long yellow dress, as it matched her hair piece, she had done her makeup slightly and was messing with her hair slightly, she then looked over as she heard Rosie's footsteps and her face went bright red, Rosie was wearing a dark navy suit, it looked so nice on her, Ru felt like she was in a dream. And if this was a dream, she did not want to wake up from it. Ru snapped out of staring when Rosie spoke up "Well this is a good surprise, if I knew that you were going to be dressing up this much, I would've put more effort into what I was wearing." Ru had to keep herself from drooling, Rosie looked amazing in the suit, it was impossible to believe she didn't put that much effort into it. 

"N-no! You look fantastic Rosie; I feel like you might outshine me actually." Ru played with her hair, and she blushed more when she felt Rosie take her hand and lead her inside. Angel and Rosie's eevee followed, excited to be at the dance with their trainers. 

Rosie and Ru started to dance, spinning, twirling, and soon Rosie dipped Ru, making her gasp in surprise, she was just following with Rosie's movements and trying not to step on her feet. Ru then smiled. "This is more fun than I thought it would be! Thank you, for doing this with me Rosie." Rosie smiled, and soon it was time for slow dances, Rosie pulled Ru close, and Ru then giggled. "This is like we're a couple, though I wouldn't complain if we were." Rosie then smirked and leaned in, having a teasing tone.

"Oh, so if I kissed you right now, you'd kiss back?" Ru's face went bright red, and she blurted out an answer, getting flustered. 

"Yes- well, I mean I wouldn't say no," Ru was very flustered, and Rosie dipped her and gave her a kiss, Ru felt like fireworks we're going off in her heart, she was insanely happy in this moment, Rosie soon pulled away, and Ru spoke first. "Woah." Rosie then laughed and teased her more.

"Oh? You kiss a girl, and your first reaction is 'Woah'?" Rosie laughed as Ru was flustered from it. 

"Well, I was just surprised! It was my first kiss after all." Rosie laughed at that answer as she pulled Ru closer and gently held her waist, Ru smiled and laid her head on Rosie's chest. She was about to speak before Rosie put a finger to her lips. 

"Before you call me a good friend, I just want you to know that I love you, Ru. I've just now realized it, but I do love you. So, that leads to this question, will you be my girlfriend?" 

"Yes, Rosie. I will."