Chapter 6

Please read the A/N at the bottom!

Percy POV

Before I knew it, sun was streaming into my window, illuminating my surroundings.

My sleep had been dreamless, but it had hardly been a sleep at all. I had been tossing and turning in my bed for the last 8 hours, too scared to sleep and not being able to do anything about it. 

I hoped this wouldn't continue because according to the gods a war was coming and I needed to rest as much as possible before it came. 

I wouldn't fail my friends again.

I knew the consequences.

In an alternate universe maybe I wasn't a demigod and I was just a university student who worried about homework and exams, not life and death. Maybe Annabeth and I were high school sweethearts who visited each other's colleges during summer break. Maybe every few week my mom would send some blue cookies and I would talk on the phone with her for hours. 

Maybe I would be happy.

But in this universe non of that is true, and it's pointless to wish that it was. 

I look towards the door between me and the other Avengers. Those guys were great but I thought that if I just lay here on my bed for long enough I could avoid all my problems until they go away.

This thought was immediately swiped from my mind when I heard a voice, Tony's voice call, "Perce, you up? Breakfast's ready"

"Yeah," I called back, "I'll be right there, just give me a second."

I took a breath and got ready quickly.

By the time I got to the table with my toast and juice, everyone was already there. They all stared at me intently, waiting.

"Did it happen?" Natasha asked shyly, probably wondering if she should bring it up at all.

"No it was fine, nothing happened, I didn't even have a nightmare at all. No need to worry." I lied.

Clint sighed of relief and said, "Good, that's good. If it happens again though, don't hesitate to say anything got it?"

"Yeah, I got it," I replied.

"Ready for some training?" Bruce asked "Percy here can show us some of his greek moves, while we can teach him how we usually fight together."

"Let's do it!" Steve said. 

A/N: Next chapter will be training day, with tons of cool powers and stuff! Also, comment ideas for the enemy they have to fight against in the upcoming war. There's gonna be a war, but I have no ideas for it so far so comment your suggestions. If your idea is chosen, you will definitely get recognition.

Comment, share, vote, follow, etc!

Follow my insta account: greekdivergents

Thanks!