The Desired Conclusion

Despite the damage taken by the Sapphire, Deviljho attacked first. Leaping at Xeno'jiiva to close the distance, knowing that his long-range attacks are determinant, he attempted to bite the dragon quickly. But his movements were too slow.

The Sapphire weakened him enough that Xeno'jiiva could dodge, despite his diminished energy reserves(that he uses to strengthen his body), and deliver a swift slash from his claws. Followed a bite into the beast's hide. Avoiding the use of bio-energy.

'At this point, I will need to rely on my physical attacks. The Sapphire drained more energy than I was expecting. But it managed to wound Deviljho significantly. I just need to wait for the right moment to end this, while keeping enough energy to heal in case of emergency.' 

Xeno'jiiva's thoughts were spot on. His current reserves would only be able to create 3, maybe 4 blue flame rays. Or heal 45% of his body in total. In comparison, Deviljho's condition continues to worsen. He won't last another hour if left on his own. But he continues to fight with the same intensity.

Meaning that all Xeno'jiiva has to do is leave, and he will win. But... That's lame as fuck.

Dodging Deviljho's tail swipe, the dragon ignored his earlier thoughts. He wasn't here to outlast Deviljho. He didn't come here to win like that. He came here to kill Deviljho with his own hands. To show his father that he wasn't weak anymore!

The blue ray of bio-energy severed Deiljho's tail like a hot knife through butter. Knocking the beast over from the sudden weight change and allowing Xeno'jiiva to reach his prize. If he couldn't use bio-energy attacks because of a lack of it, he would just get some more.

And perhaps for the first time in its life, Deviljho witnessed a savagery that rivaled his own.

Xeno wasted no time and devoured his foe's monstrous tail. Eating it like a starved predator would a fallen prey. Absorbing the large amounts of bio-energy within, that rivals that of an Elder Dragon. For that is what Deviljho is, a wyvern on the border of that classification.

As he ate, Deviljho stood up and rushed at Xeno'jiiva, his shock not lasting long. But it meant nothing. The dragon had already gained what he needed. And with no scales for protection, left Deviljho defenseless against the large, powerful ray that pierced his heart a moment later.

Ending the fight that should have lasted a lot longer if it hadn't been for Xeno'jiiva's mental awakening and masterful plan by denying the safest option. Choosing to gamble everything on that ray, using all of his remaining bio-energy, knowing that he would be dead if he couldn't sever Deviljho's tail.

Because it all hinged on that. He knew that Deviljho would fall if he cut it off, given the tail's size, and that it would given him enough bio-energy to finish the beast. So he went for it, risking death, and achieved victory.

Landing next to his son, Ddraig congratulated him. "Good job. I wasn't expecting that ending. But it worked out better than what you were going for initially, right?"

"Yeah. I was going to wait it out and counter when needed, but I didn't like that idea and gambled on his tail giving me enough bio-energy. It throwing him off balance was just a bonus, though." Xeno'jiiva shrugged.

"Then what was the plan if it didn't?" Ddraig wondered. "That ray held all of your remaining bio-energy. Deviljho would have crushed you without it."

Xeno'jiiva knew that. "Who said there was a plan?" He laughed. Unable to explain it. "It just worked out like I wanted  it too."

'So you acted on instinct...' Ddraig realized. "So you knew it would work, then?"

"Pretty much."

"That's good." Ddraig praised. "Keep listening to that feeling. It's called "Instinct". And it will not forsake you, my son. So rely on it, even when it doesn't make sense. Because it is your will, your desired outcome. Do you understand?"

Xeno'jiiva nodded. "Yeah. I get it. This... "instinct"... is just another weapon, right? Then don't worry. I'll master it soon." 'Because I want to feel that sensation again. That sensation of letting everything go... and allowing myself to act freely.'

It was almost mesmerizing. Not having to think to so much, and just acting on impulse. He couldn't explain it.

Ddraig chuckled. "I'm sure you will. After all, you became as strong as an Elder Dragon candidate in just 4 years. And I'm sure you will reach Elder Dragon level after you consume Deviljho's corpse. In comparison, mastering instinct is a expected result. Don't you think?"

"Heh. I guess so." Xeno'jiiva smirked. "I'll make sure to live up to those expectations, then."

"Good. Because things are going to get harder from here on out, my son(and that's saying something). The situation has changed, faster than I expected, and I will not be able to protect you any longer." Ddraig spoke solemnly.

"What? What do you mean by that?" Xeno'jiiva questioned in shock. "What has changed?"

".... Albion has revived, Xeno'jiiva." Was Ddraig's only response.

His son's eyes widened. "The White Dragon? He's back...?"

Ddraig nodded. "Yes. I sensed his presence last night. And have received reports of his movements in the Overworld. It won't be long now until he appears before me, and we fight to the death once more. That's why I can no longer guarantee you my protection, my son."

Xeno'jiiva stood in a shocked silence. His thoughts running a mile a minute in hopes of processing what he just heard. And there greater meanings. However, Ddraig merely laughed at his worry and smiled.

"There is nothing to worry about, Xeno'jiiva. I'm not going to lose, and you've grown strong enough to protect yourself. So don't worry about it. Just continue to grow stronger. Alright?"

"... Alright. But you better win! I can't have my dad losing, after all. That would be humiliating." Xeno'jiiva snickered. He would trust his father in this.

"Tell me about it! Losing sucks, and reviving is even worse! You don't know pain until you piece your body back to together, let me tell you. There's nothing like it." Ddraig laughed.

"Now, eat up. We'll be leaving here soon." He continued.

"Where to?"

"Where else?" Ddraig countered. "We're going to ******** ****"