The Dragon Kings

A few weeks later, Xeno, already a good bit bigger, ran through the forest surrounding Ddraig's horde with a feverish pace. Often destroying trees and other objects as he made his way toward his target.

And as he ran, and sometimes glided, he came across a pack of Jagras, small wolf-like creatures that stood still at the sight of Xeno'jivva. Their shock lasting for but a moment before they ran in the opposite direction.

'Good. Take me to him.' Xeno thought and gave chase.

Following them all the way back to their leader, the Great Jagras. A fanged wyvern resembling an iguana, with yellow scales and a blueish underbelly. That, as soon as Xeno entered his vision, attacked without a second thought.

'Sloppy.' Xeno thought before firing a blast of blue bio-energy. Staggering the beast mid rush and allowing the dragon to tackle him. Immediately biting and clawing away at the wyverns scales. Drawing first blood.

Enraged, the Great Jagras roared out at the surrounding minions. Encouraging them to attack as well. But Xeno was prepared this time, gathering bio energy in his wings. Flapping them once to release the power in a wave that knocked the lessers back.

Leaving the leader on his own as Xeno continued his assault. Desperate and furious, the beast gathered its own strength and barely managed to force Xeno off of him. Immediately going to run, Xeno chuckled as he picked himself up.

"Running already? I don't have time for that." He finished and gathered his power.

The blue glow illuminating the forest, the screams of the Great Jagra accompanying it as it tried and failed to avoid the ray of bio-energy. Costing him his life as Xeno advanced toward his corpse. Eating it on the spot as his body glowed.

"It's almost time." He mumbled.

Sometime later, he met up with Ddraig, who had just returned from his own trip. He looked perplexed.

"What is it?" Xeno asked.

"The elder dragons have been acting strangely lately. It bothers me." Ddraig answered. Lying down on the mountain peak, gazing toward the horizon.

"Strangely? Like Gore Magala's appearance?"

Ddraig nodded. "The dragon kings have reported similar events. For some reason, the elder dragons are moving beyond their territories. They're looking for something. I just don't know what."

Xeno didn't know what to make of it. So he changed the subject. "I killed a Great Jagras."

Ddraig blinked. He forgot how young his son was for a moment. "Really? Good job!" He said with pride. "Which one are you going for next?"

Xeno hummed at his question. "I don't know. Whichever one I find first, I guess."

"That works." Ddraig shrugged. He didn't have anyone in mind either. "Just stay away from the venomous ones. You wouldn't do well against those ones."

Xeno titled his head. "Why's that?"

Ddraig spoke. "There's a reason I told you to stay away from Gore Magala, and it's not just because he could crush you. It's because you lack scales, Xeno'jiiva."

"Now that you mention it..." He hadn't really thought about it before, but he doesn't really have any sort of armor. Just a lot of energy.

'So far, the Great Jagras and Great Jaggi weren't able to wound me all that well. But that won't be the case with everyone.' He'll need to keep that in mind.

Ddraig continued. "Because of that lack, you are susceptible to poison that would normally be blocked by your scales. So don't go picking fights with them recklessly. Or you'll die; even if you kill them."

A terrible end. Xeno wouldn't die like that, he decided. "I'll be prepared, father." He bowed his head.

"Good. Now, let's go visit a friend of mine."

"You have friends-"

"Yeah. Let's go."

Moments later, Ddraig and Xeno'jivva arrived at an open field with nothing but grass. At least until a purple portal opened up, large enough to allow the large figure on the other side to pass through easily.

Revealing a tall, humanoid dragon. Covered in dark purple scales and possessing yellow horns and keen red eyes, his aura alone spoke volumes of who he was.

Nevertheless, Ddraig introduced them. "Xeno'jivva, this is Tannin, a dragon king. Tannin, this is my son, Xeno'jivva." He waved and pointed.

Tannin bowed. "Its a pleasure."

Xeno nodded and bowed his head. "Likewise."

But before they could go any further, a blue portal opened up.

"Shit..." Tannin cursed.

"You let her follow you?!" Ddraig screeched.

"I didn't think she would!" Tannin deflected.

"Bullshit! Of course she would, you dumbass!"

'Who's she?' Xeno wondered. His tail swishing back and forth. He had never seen his father this scared(?), and that made him nervous.

Looking toward the portal, he watched as another powerful presence joined them. An eastern-like dragon with celestial blue scales and a murderous aura, Xeno could tell why Ddraig was so startled. She looks pissed.

However, in contrast to her killer aura, she approached them leisurely and calmly spoke: "Ddraig, it's been a long time. You've been avoiding me ever since I let you borrow Dragon's Bane. So where is it? Give it back already." She hissed.

"Y-yeah... about that..." He lost it and just didn't want to tell her.

Stepping in for Ddraig, Tannin coughed. "Tiamat, now's not the time for that. We're here to discuss the elder dragons' and evil dragons' strange movements. You can worry about Dragon's Bane later."

Tiamat glared at him, her dark blue eyes narrowing. But she relented. "... Fine. But you're not leaving here until you give me it back, Ddraig." She promised.

Ddraig nodded. 'She's never getting that back.'

"As for the cause of those 'strange movements', I can tell you the answer right now." She said. Eyeing the smallest dragon there.

Tannin and Ddraig did the same.

"Huh? Why are you looking at me?" Xeno asked.

Tannin looked at Ddraig. "She's right. I could tell just by meeting him, he's the one causing the disturbance among the dragons."

Ddraig nodded. He knew from the beginning, he just hoped it wasn't true. Turning to Xeno, he spoke: "My son, the reason why the elder dragons, and even the evil dragons, are leaving their territories is because of your power. It draws them in, just like it did me. Except, they want to kill you."

"Eat him, more like it." Tiamat snarled.

Xeno'jiiva didn't understand. "But why? Why would they be attracted to my power?" Out of all things, why him?

Ddraig couldn't answer. "I don't know. But I can tell you this, so long as your power keeps drawing in others, you won't be able to rest easy. You will constantly have to wary of beings like Gore Magala trying to snuff you out."

"In other words, kid, your power is picking fights with other people. Including us. And that's going to get you in a lot of trouble. Trouble that you can't handle. Not as is, anyway." The chaos dragon said.

Xeno still didn't know what to think about it. But somewhere, deep inside himself, he liked it.

"Even so, he doesn't have worry about that right now." Ddraig interjected. His emerald eyes turning toward Xeno. "Just keep getting stronger. I'll worry about the rest." He declared.

After all, he promised that he would.

-[Next Chapter, One Year Time Skip]-