Chapter Nineteen: Wish I Never Met You

A/N:
If you're mad at me...
Stay mad.

🤭🤎
(I'm sorry.)
—————————————————————

🎶
Pictures of us from the past,
Show me things that I can't have,
You know that you wrong for that.

🎶Pictures of us from the past,Show me things that I can't have,You know that you wrong for that

—————————————————————

My legs carried me before a single thought could process. They moved faster and faster beneath me as I picked up momentum, rushing towards the exit. Echoes of my name could be heard being shouted from behind me but their beckoning was deafened by the crowd's awestruck reaction ricocheting off the venue walls. The sound only fueled my movements. A second wave of adrenaline pumped through my veins as I gained more distance, my fast walk turning into a run and then a sprint. I crashed threw the exit doors, tears prickling and spilling, blurring my vision as a sob wrecked through my distraught body. I stumbled towards the bus, reaching out for its metal frame in hopes of catching my fumbling figure.

Almost missing its exterior, my hand barely rasped against the bus' door before my knees buckled from under me, giving way to the weight of my body. I collapsed to the gravel. My hands fisted its dusty contents pressing sharp ridged stone pieces harshly into my skin. As I finally fell apart.

My chest burned and ached. Tears flooding from me as if a dam had been broken. I couldn't control it. Everything I had been holding on to, every reasoning I had given seemed to be a naive fairytale. My mind was cast in darkness, solely focused on the singular scene I had just witnessed. It replayed like a movie, slower and slower everytime it began again. Forcing me to re-witness the heartbreaking sight over and over and over and over and over and over.

"SHUT UP!!" I screeched, grasping my head in a desperate attempt to stop the image from reappearing.

Sobs continued to drop from my lips, my body shook uncontrollably as the sounds became louder. I could barely recognize the sounds that came from me as mine. The cry seeming almost animalistic. I clung to the gritty surface. The only thing holding me up, yet simultaneously anchoring me to reality and refusing to allow me to forget.

The sound of the bus door unlocking, pulled me from spiraling even further. Hurriedly, shamefully I crawled back up to my feet, using the side of the bus as leverage and support. Frank sleepily poked his head from out from the doorframe, looking around for the source of all the noise.

"H-hey, Frank" I barely croaked out, wiping profusely at my eyes, smearing dirt onto my cheeks in the process. "C-can you let me in please?" I sniffled, my head cast downward as I desperately tried to dust off the debris from my body.