<Chapter 141: In the Middle of the Night (3)>
Cale needed to see Toonka’s face to hear the first bit of news since Fall had arrived.

“This was shortly after the alliance was made…” TCF!Harol informed his counterpart. He had told them about the alliance in more detail earlier and had even made it clear that the mages not affiliated with the Magic Tower were innocent and did not deserve to be persecuted for crimes they didn't commit.

TCF!Toonka had immediately added on that if they did kill all those mages who were innocent than that would make them no better than those evil bastards from the Empire who used children and innocent people from all over the continent for their experiments and to create the dead mana for the golems. The only reason he spoke up was to cut off TBOAH!Toonka, who had opened his mouth to sprout nonsense moments before TCF!Toonka cut him off. Cale sat silently, instinctively aware that the Goddess had redacted the fact that Cale had called Toonka's face ‘ugly’ back then.

“What is it?”
Cale had been getting daily updates on the Whipper Kingdom through Alberu and the information organization that Ron was leading.

“Hmm?” TCF!Alberu reacted and tilted his head, however, he did not dare ask Cale to give him an in with Cale's information organization – not when he knew that the Patriarch Molan was the one running it.
“Nope… maybe I'll just ask to hire their services… Ahhh, I'll need to have funds available for that… and a few Golden Plaques for Cale as well… It's doable, a little annoying, but doable…” TCF!Alberu decided and then returned his attention back to the Palantir.

The Whipper Kingdom was doing pretty well against the Empire. The Empire did not reveal all of their cards, such as the dead mana bomb. This was only possible because, contrary to the belief that the poor Whipper Kingdom would eventually run out of funds, they were able to keep their soldiers equipped and fed.
‘But it is moving too slow.’

“Well, it wasn't so much that we were slow… it was more like we were stuck…” TCF!Harol graciously informed his scowling counterpart. TBOAH!Harol seemed to have put his guard up again – and everyone else in the hall couldn’t say they blamed him, especially considering the sheer devotion that everyone from the TCF!World had toward Cale Henituse.

That was the last piece of information Cale had heard. That was why he did not care to chat with Toonka right now.
– I wanted you to be the first to know.
Toonka then added on.
– We’ve won about half way.
Cale’s expression changed.
– We managed to take over a castle! Kuhahahahahaha!
Toonka stepped back from the screen to laugh.
‘This crazy bastard.’

It didn't bother TCF!Toonka that Cale called him a ‘crazy bastard’ because he'd heard plenty people call Cale that too and Cale never seemed to get offended by it, so TCF!Toonka decided that it was not something to be offended by either.

Cale could then see that only Toonka’s face was clean. The rest of his body was covered in blood. He could also see a lot of corpses behind Toonka. He had piled up the enemies’ corpses before calling him to share the news. He really was a crazy bastard.

TCF!Toonka snickered in amusement – he was very pleased that Cale had apparently noticed his efforts, enough for them to be mentioned in these records of their world – he really liked that and couldn’t help grinning widely at this fact.  

– I also did as you asked.
Cale found it odd that Toonka would say something like that.
“Like I asked?”
– Yes. I didn’t throw the injured soldiers away. I brought them with me.