65. I didn't want to...

Comenzar desde el principio

"Aksh, open your eyes on my count of 3," she whispered gently and kissed my cheek before removing her hand.

"1..."

"2..."

"3..."

"Open your eyes, Aksh," I blinked my eyes and opened them when she asked me to. We are in the middle of the river, a full moon shining in the sky surrounded by the stars. The distant sounds of leaves rupturing and the flowing of water along with the soft breezes is the only thing audible. Then my gaze turned to the clear water in which hundreds of diyas floating, even the land around was shining due to the lights. Then someone set up the sky lanterns and they started to shine in the middle of the air adding to the breath-taking beauty.

"Lo ji, kar diye humne aapki tamanna puri,
Bhar diye ham taree zameen, pani aur hawa mein bhi,
Abb taare hai chaaron taraf,
Tho batade hum apne jaan ko apni dil ki baat?"

Her voice made me turn to her in pure surprise. How does she even know? I never thought that stupid wish of a 14-year-old me would come true one day. I mean I just told my this impossible fantasy to every girl from then to make them stay away that I want a proposal when there will be stars on earth, in water and air? But my Jaan actually made it possible for me. 

"Jaan..." she placed her finger on my lips before I could continue. She then took out the bouquet from the back and placed it in my hands. It has different varieties of flowers ranging from different colors of roses to tulips. 

"You know Daksh, Godavari is called the Ganges of the south. It is as pure as ganga maa and makes the wishes made here come true. I lit all these diyas and left them in the water with a single wish of having you with me till the end. Today, standing in the middle of this pure river and taking the five elements of life surrounding us as a witness, I Chaitra, your jaan confess that I love you, Mr. Daksh Singh Chauhan, I love you, Daksh, I love you my Aksh, I love you, Meri Jaan," She whispered joining our foreheads, and tears streamed down both our eyes. 

"You know, I have always hated the word marriage because I thought it would take me away from my family. But now I am looking forward to our marriage because now I know you will never take me away from my family, you are giving me one more and being that addition to my family which completes it. I never felt the need to be loved by someone because my family's love never made me feel incomplete but after meeting you, and knowing your feelings, I wanted to be loved by you. I want you to love me in every breath of mine. I have fallen for you, Mr. Chauhan. I love you My Aksh." She completed with a soft peck on my lips which I turned into a passionate one holding her nape.

As our lips molded together, I felt the taste of our salty tears rolling down from our eyes. I nibbled on her lips worshipping those soft petals that uttered the most beautiful phrases of my life, a few minutes back. Our lips danced in rhythm as we kissed each other's souls in the middle of the river with the stars and moon witnessing our passionate union of hearts.

"I love you, Jaan. I love you so damn much," I confessed before once again lacing my lips against hers. She gave in willingly giving me full access to devour her mouth. Both our kisses were slow, romantic, and filled with pure love. 

We pulled away once she was out of breath but I hugged her to my chest not wanting it to be a dream that would break in a few moments. If it is a dream, then I don't want to wake up to reality, ever.

"Aksh," Chaithu called out as she looked up from my chest. Her eyes reflected the same love I always see in them but this time, after she accepted it in words, the feeling intensified a thousand times. 

"Ji, Jaan..." I coo as I kiss her nose making her giggle.

"Let's leave another Diya together, for our togetherness," She requested and I nodded enthusiastically. She took out a banana trunk with a wick soaked in oil placed on it. She asked me to light the wick and after I did, we both closed our eyes to pray.