"Why her? She's not a good fit for our family, "  cried Amba

"Tell me, Maa.  Why is it that if your daughter in laws wanted to do something, they couldn't, but when your daughter wanted it, she was allowed.  The Pageant is a prime example.  Why the double standards.  Because Esha is your daughter.  And the rest of them aren't.  They are someone's daughters.  They have the same dreams as Esha did."  said Dhawal

"But, but that's different.  It's Esha." said Amba

"No, Maa, it's not different.  Esha, Dolly, Pranali Bhabi, Hetal Bhabi, and Natasha.  They are the same.  For you especially.  They are your daughters.   My father in law treats me like a son, and Daama treated Dhawal like a son until he lost Natasha.   I can't say anything about Amrish Bhai and Bhavin Bhai, but if you don't treat your wives properly, you don't get respect."  stated Chirag.

Slowly, things were changing for the Makwana family.

Until the day that Esha called them from the hospital, where she had given birth to a baby girl.    She saw her family.  When they all arrived in Esha's room, she quietly went out and waited in the waiting area, not wanting to distrub their family moments.   A few minutes later, Chirag walked in and asked Natasha to come back to Esha's room.

"Natasha, come here."  Esha asked as she came back into the room.

Natasha sat on one side of her, and Dhawal sat on the other side.

"Esha Bhabi, what's going on?" Natasha started to look worried.

"Natasha, I lied to you. Every time, the doctor came to see me in the last month.  I lied and said everything was ok.    I'm not ok.  The doctors told me that I have a choice, either me or the baby.  And I picked the baby.   My organs are slowly shutting down.  They couldn't stop the internal bleeding.  That is why I am being infused.  The transfusion is keeping me alive for a very short time.   It's time for me to join Chiku and Daama."

"No!" yelled Natasha."You can't leave!  How will I do this?  I am not going to lose you too!  We can get other doctors to help.  Get a second opinion.  Third one, too."   The Makwana's were shocked to say anything.

"Natasha.  I've accepted it.  You need to.  I need you to be strong.  For our daughter.  I want you to be Annika's mother.  I know you will be a good mother.  You will teach her right from wrong.  You will tell her about us, our family."  Esha asked.   Natasha tearfully nodded.

"Dhawal, I know you and Natasha are not together, but could you be my daughter's father."  asked Esha.   Dhawal also nodded, crying for his sister.

"Can you give us some time.  I want to spend some time with my daughter.  I know I don't have much time.  Maybe a couple of days the most."  Everyone tearfully said goodbye, with Amrish dragging Amba out.

Natasha quickly called someone.  She wasn't on the phone too long.  Just a few minutes.  But after she hung up, she was pacing in the waiting room.  Dhawal was getting dizzy watching her and finally stopped her by pulling her into a hug.  Natasha tried to be strong but started crying when Dhawal hugged her.   Shortly later, a man came by with an envelope looking for Natasha.   Natasha stepped away from Dhawal, apologizing for leaning on him.  The stranger handed her the envelope and left.  Natasha wiped her eyes and took a deep  breath.   She walked  up to Amrish and handed him the envelope.

"I believe this is yours."  Natasha said, then walked to the far end of the room away from everyone.   Amrish opened the envelope and saw that Natasha had signed over all his properties over to him.   He looked at Natasha. 

"I would have gotten to you last week, but with everything going on, it wasn't at the top of my list."  said Natasha  "The will was read out two weeks ago, and I had told the lawyer to get the papers ready.  I was going to come by last week, but Esha Bhabi needed me.   So, everything is back to normal, except I had Pranali Bhabi's clinic under her name.  No one will be able to take that away from her.  And I've named the FarmHouse under Chirag and Dhawal's names."