28th Chapter.

3rd person POV:

"Let's go." Were the words that interrupted Taehyung who was still buried in his work at 7 pm which was quite early as the sun had barely set and the sky was lit in bluish orange colors.

"Huh, Jungkook? Where to?" If the CEO was surprised to see his soon to be husband standing by the door of his office with a bag on his shoulder then he didn't let it show as he put his tablet down on which he was reviewing some stuff his employees had sent him and quickly fixed the glasses that fell loosely upon his nose.

"I don't know? Anywhere as long as you're not buried in work here. You need to get a lot of sleep tonight I can't have you looking sleep deprived at our wedding tomorrow. So c'mon let's go you're done for today and for the upcoming month." The idol's voice was demanding as he walked towards the elder who chuckled before saying.

"Don't worry, angel. I'll wear makeup." His voice was quiet for some reason which had jungkook furrowing his eyebrows ever so slightly as he stopped before the man and asked,

"Are you alright?" To which he recieved a meek nod. "Would you be alright with waiting for a few minutes? I just need to finalize some things as the last thing since I won't be here for a while. It won't take long." Taehyung pointed at the device in his hand and the way he had been speaking was making jungkook concerned but he too, just nodded in response as he sat on a vacant chair, signalling the elder to get it done with.

"Thank you."

.

.

.

.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Jungkook asked once again once he was sat at the driver's seat, he was concerned with the fact the elder didn't ask to drive like he usually does and was just quietly looking outside the window.

"Yeah I am. Just a lot on my head." Taehyung replied casually and Jungkook could feel something not so good bubbling in his chest at how not okay the CEO sounded since he saw him today.

"Tell me about it?" What was meant to be a statement came out as more of a question or could be considered a request since he was quite hesitant on asking the elder to talk about his feelings with him in case he isn't too comfortable with that yet.

To that, taehyung just sighed before just shrugging his shoulders, "just... Tomorrow is the wedding. Same old feelings. I was literally planning to just work till morning so eventually I don't have to think about anything till I have to go and get ready to be at the alter."

"Hyung... We both agreed to give this a chance, you really don't have to feel guilty about this anymore and you really need to get rid of using overworking as a coping mechanism." Jungkook said and taehyung could only exhale saying,

"Jungkook-ah, just because we are giving it a chance doesn't mean we both want it... Doesn't mean you want it. You are still forced into it and it's ruining your present and future, I don't think I can get rid of this thought anytime soon no matter what. And I can't get rid of this coping mechanism just like that when I've been like this for more than 4 years. I feel anxious just by thinking of the fact I'll have to stop all the work for a whole month after tomorrow."

His hands were slightly shaking against his thigh, for which he immediately reached in the inside pocket of his jacket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter as he rolled down the window slightly and put a stick between his lips before lighting it.

Jungkook noticed it all from his peripheral vision so, without thinking much he placed his hand on the CEO's and linked them before giving it a firm squeeze.