Chapter 40

"What the hell are you doing here.." i said, "Business trip." He said and I sighed.

"Okay, well we have to go." Allie said pulling my hand.

"Don't be like that Allie." Ryan said to her, "I'm not doing this again." Allie said.

"You're acting like we're the bad guys." Russel said.

"It was a one time thing Russel get over it." I said and walked away with Allie.

"I fucking should've known we were going to see them." Allie said.

"I just wanna sit down." I said. "There's a food place right there." Allie said.

"Well let's go." I said and we walked over there.

We sat there for three minutes until the waiter came, "Hello ladies, what may I start off for you today?"

"Wine, lots of it." I said, "I'll take the same." Allie said and he walked away.

"Sofia." I heard Russel say and i look up to see him and Ryan.

"What the hell do you want?"

"To talk." He said, "No, I don't wanna talk. Just leave me alone!" I said.

"I did everything for you, and you can't talk with me for this one time?" He asked.

I sighed and looked at Allie, "Five minutes that's it."

"Thank you." He said in relief. We then went to a separate table and I looked over to see Ryan sitting in the spot I was in.

"Speak." I said, "I don't understand why you're so angry with me." He said.

"Is it because of my mom?" He asked.

"Yes." I said, "So you're mad at me because of my mom? How could you throw our relationship like that away?" He asked.

"You let her say those terrible things about me, and spread those rumors about me and my family!" I said.

"I handled it, why couldn't you just be patient!"

"I was patient for four fucking years nothing changed!" I said and he went quiet.

"I noticed you changed your seat, here's your wine." The waiter said placing my drink down. "Thanks." I said and I took a sip.

"You still like wine.." he said and I just drunk the drink.

"How did our relationship get that bad?" He asked. "You let people get in between us." I said setting the glass down.

"What do you mean I let people get in between us? You let my fucking mother in between us." He said.

"You don't even know the shit I had to go through. Every dinner with your family I had to pretend like everyone liked me, when I knew they all hated me."

"You cheated." He said, "I didn't cheat! And even if I did, why did you have to say it to everyone!"

"I only told my mother.."

"And your mom has a big mouth and told everyone." I said and he gave me a look that I was going too far.

"Sorry.." I said and he sighed, "How long are you here for?"

"Until this month ends." He said, "Two weeks.." I said and he nodded his head.

"Why are you here though?"

"Business problems." He said and before I could say anything, a man came up to him and said something in Russian, and Russel said something back.

"I gotta go." He said standing, "Already?" I asked and a small smirk popped up on his face.

"Tomorrow evening, I would like to see you at the Rooster place." He said.

"Okay." I said and he walked out with Ryan and a few men's.

Allie then came and sat where Russel did. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah.." I said nodding my head.

•••

I was in my bed thinking about Russel. So much I couldn't concentrate on anything.

He's my first love, he's the guy I wanted to spend my life with, but I had to leave.

"Hey Sofia." Allie said walking in and I sat up, "Richard said Xavier phone has internet now, but it's dead, and he wanted to say he loves you so much, he hopes you have a good night sleep." She said and I smiled.

"I love him more." I said and she walked out, but Xavier.

Xavier is my love now. He's never did anything to hurt me. He's always doing what I love.

I just need to get some rest.

NEXT DAY

Once I arrived at the rooster place I saw Russel sitting there in a booth. I walked towards him and sat across from him.

RUSSEL

"Missed me?" I asked as I saw her sit across from me and she rolled her eyes.

"Don't get so full of yourself Russel." She said and I chuckled a bit.

I missed her so much.

"I wanna talk about us now. Not about the past, and what happened. I wanna talk about now, the present." I said and I could tell she was listening.

"Okay." She said, "I want us to be together again." I said and she looked down at her hands.

"I know after all that has happened you might think I'm crazy to be with you again, but there's a connection that we still have." I said.

"Russel.." she started, while fidgeting with her hands.

I grabbed her hand softly and she looked up at me, "I wanna continue what we had." I said and she took a deep breath.

"Russel, I can't." She said. "Why?" I asked her, "I'm engaged." She said moving her hand and I sighed.

"Did I take too long?" I asked her and she just stared at me in my eyes.

SOFIA

"I don't care about your engagement,
I just wanna be with you." He said.

"But-" I started, "No Sofia you don't understand how much I have been missing you." He said.

"Please Sofia, let's get together again, I'll move down here, and stay with you." He said.

I then see three large men in black suits walking towards us, "Get away from her, or we'll kill you." One of the men said and Russel stood up.

"Who the fuck do you think you are telling me what I could do?"

"Yes sir." A guy said in his ear piece, and seconds later a guy punched Russel in the face.

"Russel!" I shouted with my eyes widened.

"Come with me." One of the men said and he picked me up, and put me over his shoulder.

"Let me go!" I shouted. They put me in a limo and handed me a laptop.

It was Xavier, "Xavier.." I started.

"Who the fuck is that guy?"

"He's my ex.." I said.

"What the fuck are you doing with him?"

"He had to speak with me about something." I said.

"If he's around you again, I'll make sure he's dead." He said to me.

"Now love, are you okay?" He asked still being mad but is trying to hide it.

"Yeah.." I said, "Good, call me if you need anything. Alright?"

"Okay." I said, "I love you."

"I love you too." I said and we hung up.

I'm going to stay away from Russel. I wouldn't want Xavier around his ex either.