A new family member

With the ninja

Kai pov

The ninja still did not know the answer to the riddle, sensei gave them and had to continue training. After a bit of training the alarm went off and the ninja ran to the bridge where I told them that Lloyd had taken over his old school 'the boarding school for bad boy's' Lloyd used to attend. The ninja quickly got ready and we started flying to the school. Once we got there we saw that the whole school was trapped so we needed to come up with a plan to get the ninja inside. Jay had an idea, but I didn't really think it was the best but no one else had any idea so they went with his idea. The ninja then climbed on the anchor and I had to lower them down. Once I did that the anchor fell down really fast and crashed down into the roof of the building all the way to the ground.

Lloyd and Pytor were at the top of the building so the ninja had to get back all the way to the top.

No one pov

Once the ninja landed, they soon noticed that they were on the ground floor and had to go all the way to the top. Cole climbed the chain of the anchor to get to the top, Nya and Zane went to the stairs and climbed those while Jay used the elevator which took a while... Cole was the first one to get to the top, and started fighting Pythor who used a boobytrap to blind Cole while he escaped to the top. Zane and Nya were trapped in a boobytrap pythor and Lloyd had placed earlier. Jay soon got to the top also, Cole warned him about the boobytraps as Jay went to the rooftop. As soon as he got there he was ready to fight.
Pythor took this opportunity to take the map from Lloyd and told him off as he went invisible and escaped leaving Lloyd all alone to fight the ninja. Sensei Wu and Kai then came closer with the bounty. 'Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon you come here right now' sensei shouted at him. Jay then went and picked him up and carried him to the ship, while he did that the ninja were deciding on a punishment for him. Sensei then said that he already had the perfect punishment for him. Later that night Sensei Wu told Lloyd a bedtime story about Why Jack the rabbit never thrusts a snake. Lloyd then admitted that if his father had read him that story he would have never done that.

Lloyd soon fell asleep and sensei walked out of the room. The ninja were asking why he did that and not punish him, they had to train the whole day and he just got read a bedtime story? 'Now that you mention it, why aren't you guys training?' sensei Wu asked. 'Do you know the answer to the riddle?' sensei then asked. The ninja said 'No' and started to go back to training when Wu told them the answer 'the best way to defeat the enemy is to become their friend'. The ninja looked at their sensei as they finally got the answer.

Kai pov

I was watching the ninja talk to sensei and listening to what they were talking about. He smiled as he heard the answer from Wu. He soon heard a sound behind him and turned around and saw Lloyd standing there, why was he here and why wasn't he sleeping?

'What are you doing here Lloyd?' I asked. 'I was thirsty and wanted to get some water when I saw you standing here.' Lloyd answers. 'Ok how about we get you some water and get you back to bed hmm?' I asked Lloyd. 'Okay' Lloyd smiles while looking at me nodding. He then took Lloyds hand and they walked to the kitchen to get some water.

I then got a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water. 'Here you go bud.' I smiled as I gave the glass to Lloyd. 'Thanks you uhm...' Lloyd said. 'Kai, my name is Kai.' I said, smiling as I looked at Lloyd. 'Thank you Kai' he said. Lloyd drank the water and he grabbed my hand again as I took him to his room. I tucked Lloyd in bed and was about to leave, but Lloyd took my hand.
'Uhm could you please stay. I don't want to be alone right now and-' Lloyd started talking but I stopped him by saying: 'Sure i'll stay, all you have to do is ask, this counts for in the future too' I said while looking at him. We talked for a bit after he told me his age and apparently he was only 11.
'He is so young, to be all alone, what about his mom? I know his dad is Garmadon but where was his mom? He was all alone until we finally took him in.' I thought he also told me about how he was kicked out of his school 9 months ago. I was mad at the school for just kicking out a student who had nowhere to go, and I was also mad at his mother for leaving him all alone.
I know the feeling of being left alone. I had to raise Nya from when she was 2 years old. I felt so alone at that time. I hugged Lloyd after he told me everything and he cried on my shoulder, letting all the feelings he held back out for the first time in a long time. Soon he fell asleep on my shoulder and not wanting to wake him I decided to sleep there as well hugging Lloyd.

The next morning

still Kai pov

I woke up as the sun shone through the window into my eyes. I looked around feeling a bit disoriented but soon the memories of last night came back, as I looked down at Lloyd who was snuggled into my side hugging me. I smiled at the sight of Lloyd and softly woke him up. 'Good morning sleepy head' I said to Lloyd while ruffling his hair. 'Good morning Kai' he said as he looked up at me and smiled. We soon got up and got ready for the day. I walked to the kitchen and started making breakfast. Cole was the first one to come inside the kitchen 'Good morning firefly' he said to me in a sweet tone. 'Good morning rocky' I said back now looking at him. 'Where were you last night, you didn't come to my room like you always do?' Cole asked while hugging me while I cooked.

'I was in Lloyd's room. He asked for water last night and when we got back to his room he asked me to stay, so I did and we talked a bit. He fell asleep on my shoulder and I didn't want to wake him.' I answered his question. 'That's cute.' he said and kissed me. As he kissed me Lloyd walked into the kitchen and saw us. 'Eww gross!!' he said, Cole and I then looked at him and giggled. 'One day you will do the same pipsqueak.' Cole said and Lloyd disagreed. We laughed at this and I soon got back to cooking.
Cole and Lloyd sat at the table after they made it and were now talking with me joining the conversation every now and then. I soon got done making food and put it on the table where Lloyd and Cole were sitting. I asked one of them to go and get the ninja to come and eat. Lloyd got up with a smirk 'I'll go and wake them.' he said as he laughed. Cole and I looked at each other and just shrugged, and we were now just talking about anything.
We soon heard a few screams and some laughter. A bit later the rest of the ninja and Lloyd got to the kitchen and we saw what Lloyd had done. He had drawn on the ninja's face and then dumped water on Jay. We started laughing as soon as we saw them. Nya was not happy and wanted to punish Lloyd. I quickly stopped her 'It is just a prank Nya don't be mad, don't you remember what you did to me when you were younger' I said to her and she went silent. When Nya was little she used to prank me all the time, and even did the same things to me. After that we got to the table and sat down and started eating. While we were eating we made some small talk here and there.

No one pov

After eating it was time for training, everyone got to the training area and Wu gave us out training regiments, he even had one for Lloyd. Kai decided to help Lloyd here and there where he could to make it easier for the young boy. Kai felt a strong connection with the boy after last night, a bond like siblings had, like he and Nya had. He felt the need to protect him at all times. He didn't know why, but he didn't really care. He was happy to have a new sibling. He thought about this while he was training and smiled. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

words: 1560

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter :)

Also does anyone have any idea for a title for this book I have no idea.

I also welcome any suggestions/ idea's for this book.

Have a great day/night everyone