"Who do you think you are to speak to us this way?" Aditya raised his voice, emboldened by his conclusion.

Eric kept typing away, as if Aditya hadn't even spoken, the only indicator that Eric had heard him was the reply.

"Like I said, Eric Scarborough, Ph.D. How many times do I have to repeat myself, can't you see I'm working?" He said, biting idly at the nail of his left thumb.

Aditya charged the doctor and grabbed him by the head, lifting his gaze towards him.

"And I am Aditya Vihan Patel, son of—" and then Eric punched him in the face.

Aditya didn't even notice the fist coming towards him, his eyes were transfixed on the honey-like eyes of Eric.

The doctor caught Aditya square in the nose. There was not much power on the punch at all, but the stinging sensation stunned Aditya and sent him reeling back.

"Eric!" Agnes cried.

When Aditya opened his tearful eyes again, Kamal had Eric pinned face down on the floor, arm twisted behind his back.

"Ugh, bodyguards. You know, I used to have one like you, all muscle and loyalty, but—" Eric's words were cut off and replaced with a cry of pain by Kamal wrenching his arm further. "Hey, Maid, a little help here?" Eric said to the woman standing idly by.

"Master, I'm not—" it was Eric's turn to cut off the speaker now.

"You're nothing, useless bitch! Jesus Christ, why did Father ever send you? Gorilla, get off me, I promise not to slap around your kid anymore as long as he learns to keep his hands to himself, deal?" Eric said to Kamal.

To Aditya's surprise, Kamaljit let him go, the bodyguard got back to his feet and looked over at Aditya with eyes of steel.

"Don't touch him and he won't touch you." The words came from Kamaljit like an icy wind.

"But Kamal—"

"But nothing! My word is final. We need him to open the files, if a bruised ego is the price we pay, so be it." Kamal spat.

Aditya couldn't believe his ears. All his life, Kamaljit denied him anything, no one denied him anything. Now, Kamal and seemingly everyone else ordered Aditya around. Aditya felt a rush of red in his face and his eyes stung.

The boy pursed his lip and turned away from the men. He went charging off towards the back of the warehouse. He found a dark corner created by a concrete pillar and hid in it.

This is stupid! Everything is stupid! I wish father were back, I wish I was home in India. I hate America! Aditya thought to himself as he sat in shadowed solitude, tears streaming down his face. If father were here, we wouldn't need that damn doctor! What does that ingrate think he's doing? It is my father's hard drive, I should be the one to decode it, not some back alley fraud!

Aditya rested there for a moment, being careful not to stretch himself so much as to irritate the wound.

What I'd give to play a game with Makoto right now...

Kamaljit poked his head around the pillar.

"Aditya." He said.

Aditya looked up, not even thinking to hide his tears.

"Away with you." He commanded. Kamaljit seemingly ignored this command and sat down next to Aditya, smoothing his suit as he sat. "Did you not hear me? I said 'away with you''!" Aditya demanded.

"Yes, I heard you. No need to raise your voice." Kamal explained, using a low, friendly tone that was totally foreign to him. "Look, things have changed, and this is not an ideal situation, but I am trying my best to keep you safe. Your father and I became friends of a sort after a time. He asked me to take care of you should anything happen to him, not as a hired guard, but as a favor from a friend. So no, you can not order me to leave you. It was your father's wish that I remain by your side until you became a man." Kamal explained.