Misha I

"For we wrestle not against the flesh and blood of man, but against principalities, against those with powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, known by the mist of villainy seen only by the Soldiers of God." Ephesians 6:12

Misha read from the yellowed and worn pages of his book, the only book that mattered in the world. He closed it, admiring the simplicity and beauty of it. Black, textured leather interrupted only by the golden inlay of the symbols of The One True Church. Misha traced his finger over the cross of the Eastern Orthodox Church and smiled, a rush of ease and zeal that one could only find in the heart of Christ. Misha set his Bible aside, placing it with care inside its pocket on the side of his green canvas bag.

I know what I must do.

Misha exited the freight truck he had commandeered from the German driver that bore the Mark of The Beast around him, the red, misty aura of the wicked. The Soldier of God marched towards the home the angels had told him about, the home where the spirit of evil had been welcomed with open arms and embraced by the lust for power that corrupted the hearts of those within. The chill night air of Berlin rushed over him as a breeze, Misha marched right through it, though the thick material of his grey jumpsuit provided little protection as he walked across the street towards the dark home. A thought occurred to him then:

Have I been to Berlin before?

A sting in his head quickly dismissed the thought, a gift from the angels that kept him on task by using pain whenever an unnecessary thought occurred to him. Misha, a dull man, had many such thoughts.

He was at the door now, his head above the top of the doorway. Misha had never been small, as far as he could remember, his grandeur of a little over seven feet in height was a blessing from GOD that made him a fit and fearsome soldier in the war against the unclean. As his wide frame darkened the doorway, Misha reached out with an oversized hand and gripped the doorknob, his immense hand swallowing the little brass orb and turning it. His gentle push was met with the sound of creaking wood as the small deadbolt strained against him in a petty effort to stay shut. Misha relented and instead opted to bend the metal knob downward until it came off in his hand. Then, he put a finger inside the now exposed mechanism and pushed it to the left, unlocking the door and granting him access to the abode of heathens.

Stepping inside, Misha caught the scent of the place, a warm, welcoming scent that he knew as that of a home, as opposed to a house, though Misha could not recall where he learned such a scent. Another stinging in his head stopped him from trying to remember so he could focus on the task at hand. He marched up the stairs as quietly as his immense size would allow. He reached the second floor and inspected each room, passing photos of a man, a woman, and three children all together. The man was the target, an abomination, a heathen, an affront to GOD.

Misha found him asleep in a bed with a woman, the hateful red aura, that gave away those who bore the powers of Satan within, all around him. Misha felt his stomach roil in revolt. The Russian clamped a hand over the man's mouth, lifting his head from the pillow and placing another hand on the back of his head. The heathen awoke, eyes wide with terror, but Misha twisted his head around before he could make a noise, other than the pop and crunch of his neck bones. Misha lay him back down, his body cleansed of the aura, now the man peacefully rested face down though he lay on his back. Misha left the room, gently shut the door behind him and walked back down towards the staircase. Before he took his first step down, Misha heard a soft noise in the hallway.

"Vati?" a small voice sounded. Misha turned and saw a small child, one of the ones from the picture, standing in the hall clutching a small bear. The child also bore the aura. Misha walked towards the child, who cowered, as all demons do, before the true Soldier of GOD. Misha plucked the heathen from the floor and into the air, a hand clamped over its mouth so it couldn't speak blasphemy. He twisted. The child dropped from his hands onto the floor with a hollow thump.

Back outside, Misha entered the freight truck and started its thunderous engine, driving it forward and away from the den of heathens, and hearing a woman scream in the distance as he drove off.

He parked the truck at the nearest rest stop he found, parking it away from the others as he wished to read the good word in peace. The yellow overhead lamp lit the dark cabin of the truck well enough for Misha to read from his cherished book.

"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O GOD: depart from me therefore, ye bloody Powers" Psalms 139:19.

Misha again carefully put the book away and shut out the light, preparing himself for a night's rest. But as soon as he closed his eyes, The Light forced them open again. The angel, showing itself as a floating ball of the purest white light, was just outside of the window.

"Misha," it called to him, forcing the giant from his rest and out once again into the cold German breeze. "Come my child, for the work is not yet finished." its dulcet tones rang in Misha's ears.

"What may I do, O Messenger, in the name of our LORD?" he begged the light, resting his knees on the asphalt.

"Another heathen dares defy our GOD." The Angel said.

"Tell me his name, show me his face, and he will breathe no more." Misha implored the Light.

"He is Ahn Jae Yoon, of Korea. Here, look upon his villainous visage" The Angel cast a light out in front of Misha displaying the hateful, repulsive face of the sinner. Misha could see the demon beneath the handsome mask, his true nature betrayed by his eyes. Misha looked into them and saw only evil.

"As the LORD commands, so it shall be done." Misha agreed, and just like that, the Angel was gone.

Mishas hurried back into the freight truck and started the engine, before speeding off onto the road again.

There is no time for rest when heathens and demons walk GOD's Earth, tainting his creation...