"Mhm, my big brother runs that gang, whenever one of his men gets shot, they go to Dr. Scarborough so he can fish out the bullet." Mary finished.

The girl guided Kamaljit to a hotel about thirty minutes from her home. When they got there Kamaljit parked and opened up the back door to where Aditya was sitting. The bodyguard gently picked up Aditya.

"Mary, get the dog." He commanded.

"Sure! What's his name?" Mary said, grabbing Heinrich's leash and guiding him out of the cars

"Heinrich." Aditya said weakly.

Damn, I meant to say more, to insult this cretin, but my strength...

"Which room is it?" Kamaljit asked.

"Number thirty-four, right there." Mary answered, pointing to one of the buildings.

Kamaljit quickened his pace and Aditya groaned from the shaking. He could feel the bullet in his side, and the pain emanating from it.

They reached room thirty-four and Mary knocked on it in a peculiar pattern. The peep hole darkened and the latch on the other side clicked open. The door swung wide to reveal a blonde woman in her twenties dressed as a maid. Her small smile felt off to Aditya, like it was plastered to her face. The light playing off her blue eyes seemed unnatural, like they were made of glass.

"Hello, can I help you?" The maid asked in a joyful monotone.

"Hi Agnes, is the doctor in?" Mary said.

"Yes, he is. Let them in, Agnes." Called a voice from in the hotel.

"As you wish, master. Right this way." The strange woman waved them in.

They entered the stiff, disinfectant laden air of the hotel room. From what Aditya could see, it was a normal room, with the exception of the medical divider that ran between the two beds. Aditya could see the shadow of someone on the other side of the screen busying around equipment.

"Are you patients?" The shadow asked.

"Yes. Bullet wound."  Kamaljit answered.

"Good, I have a bed for you. Agnes! Bring them to the patient bed." The man commanded.

Why does he say her name like that? He spits it from his mouth like a cobra does venom. Aditya thought.

The maid led them around the divider and gestured for Kamaljit to lay Aditya down. Kamal complied and rested Aditya on the bed, all white linen. Aditya looked up and saw the body that belonged to the voice, a shockingly young looking man, not much older than Aditya, with reddish-brown skin and stark black hair. He wore a lab coat over a t-shirt for something called 'Void Shout' with a design of a mad woman screaming, tears of blood streaking down her face.

"This is the doctor?" Kamaljit asked.

"Yep, Doctor Eric Scarborough, licensed surgeon, at your service." The young man said, pointing to a framed doctorate on the wall that read 'University of Wisconsin'.

"How old are you?" Kamaljit demanded.

"Nineteen. But don't worry, I've been licensed since I was fifteen, so I got a ton of experience."

"You're a child and you expect me to allow you to operate on him?" Kamaljit asked. Eric shrugged.

"If ya pay me. It's no big deal, young people can be doctors, ever seen Doogie Howser? I'm way better than that guy, anyway" He replied.

"Dr. Scarborough is real good, Mr. Singh. He's pulled a lot of lead out of my brother and all his friends." Mary said.

"Mary! I didn't even notice you, good to see you." And the young 'doctor' walked over and scratched the girl on her head like a dog, she playfully kicked his shin in return. "And she's right, if it weren't for gang violence, I wouldn't be able to pay for this lovely hotel room. The Ghost Dragon Triad has been my main source of income. So, ya gonna pay me? I'm real good, almost none of my patients die." Eric agreed.