Chapter XV

In the preceding days, Takemichi had immersed himself in the  task of unraveling the enigma surrounding Moebius or the death of Draken and Kol. His approach involved delving into the temporal fabric, journeying back to the future to consult with Osanai. 

Regrettably, Osanai's distressed state yielded no significant revelations. Left with no recourse, Takemichi clung to a singular hope—to voyage back in time and avert the impending clash between Moebius and Toman.

As his consciousness snapped back to the past, Takemichi found himself tailing Atsushi on his bike. The sight of his friend, alive and well, provoked bewilderment, especially considering their last encounter when Atsushi had tragically taken his own life. Atsushi mumbled something about Yamagishi, but Takemichi's distracted demeanor drew Atsushi's attention.

" Hey, Takemichi. Are you even listening ? Say something !". Atsushi called out.

" Ah...sorry. My mind was elsewhere". Takemichi admitted with a sheepish smile.

After a brief silence, Takemichi rekindled the conversation, inquiring," Akkun, what's your dream ?"

" Hm... My dream ? Perhaps a beautician ?". Atsushi replied.

" You better make that dream a reality". Takemichi asserted firmly.

Confused, Atsushi questioned," What are you talking about ? I'm not even sure yet".

Determined, Takemichi exclaimed," Make it happen !".

Embarrassed, Atsushi flinched," Hey ! Stop it ! What's gotten into you, Takemichi !".

" I'm your biggest supporter ! So, you better chase that dream !". Takemichi retorted with a grin.

Takemichi was acutely aware that altering Atsushi's trajectory might lead to a different future—one distinct from the horrifying one he had witnessed.

" Uh... Okay". Atsushi reluctantly agreed.

" Alright ! You promise ? I'll be your first customer !". Takemichi declared.

" Yeah... sure". Atsushi chuckled.

However, Takemichi's attention abruptly shifted when he recognized the location where Mikey and the others were supposed to convene. Memories resurfaced of Mitsuya mentioning a meeting at the warehouse near Second MS when Kol and he retrieved Mikey and Amalie after leaving the hospital.

" Akkun, stop !". Takemichi exclaimed.

Atsushi abruptly halted his bicycle, screeching to a stop.

" I've got to go". Takemichi informed him, swiftly dismounting.

" Go where ?". Atsushi asked in confusion.

" I've got some urgent business !". Takemichi replied as he hurriedly ran away.

Meanwhile, Amalie, delayed by Kol oversleeping, found themselves strolling toward the warehouse. Glancing up, they noticed Takemichi sprinting at full speed.