Chapter IV

On an ordinary day much like any other, Kol, Amalie, Kakucho, and Izana spent their time together. Without Shinichiro's presence today, Amalie and Izana dedicated a significant portion of the morning to playing a card game.

" And I win". Amalie declared triumphantly as she placed the final card on the table.

" Whoa, that was incredible ! That makes it the tenth win for Amy !". Kakucho exclaimed, beaming.

Izana blinked in disbelief," How do you keep winning every time ?! I swear I've changed my strategy five times already".

Kol grinned," Sweet Lie has always been the best at this game. Even I can't beat her".

Izana smirked, leaning toward Amalie's face," You could tell me your winning secret, you know ?".

Amalie's cheeks flushed, and she playfully pushed Izana away," Sorry, it doesn't work like that".

Izana's cheeks puffed as he pouted. He enjoyed seeing her flustered expression, but he genuinely wanted to know her tricks for this game.

" Kol-kun, Amalie-chan". A worker interrupted their leisure.

Kol glanced up from his books, and Amalie regarded the woman with curiosity.

" There are people waiting for you in the director's office. Please follow me". The worker informed them.

Amalie and Kol exchanged puzzled glances, unsure why someone suddenly wanted to meet with them. They couldn't recall any wrongdoing in the past months.

" Alright, we're coming". Amalie replied.

" Wait for us here, guys. We won't be long". Kol informed Izana and Kakucho.

Izana and Kakucho observed as Amalie and Kol followed the orphanage worker.

" What do you think it's about ?". Kakucho wondered.

" Don't know. But if Amy has a problem, then I'll help her. A king won't let his queen be in a difficult situation". Izana stated with a grin.

Kakucho nodded, maintaining a serious expression. He couldn't shake the strange feeling about the situation.

Meanwhile, Kol and Amalie entered the director's office, greeted by a smiling director and the presence of a tall man accompanied by another with a lazy expression. Beside the older man stood a woman with a gentle smile.

" Kol, Amalie, this is Mr. Eiji Imaushi, Kiku Imaushi, and their son. They wish to speak with you about something". The director explained.

Amalie remained expressionless, while Kol crossed his arms, silently observing.

Eiji cleared his throat," Hello, you two. I'm genuinely thrilled to finally meet both of you".

" You're both adorable, right, Wakasa ?". Kiku said with a warm smile.

Wakasa nodded casually," Yeah".

Kol couldn't help but notice Wakasa's perpetually lazy expression, even when delivering such statements with a small smile. It intrigued him.

" Um... Sorry to ask, but what exactly can we do for you, Mister, Ma'am ?". Amalie inquired politely.

Kiku chuckled," What a polite young lady. But there's no need for formalities, sweetheart".

Eiji nodded," As of today, we're your new parents".

" And I'll be your big brother". Wakasa announced, his tone laid-back.

Kol and Amalie exchanged bewildered glances. Unspoken questions lingered in their eyes. Leaving Izana and Kakucho behind wasn't something they desired. Additionally, Amalie wondered about the couple's motivation to adopt, considering they already had an almost-adult son. Perhaps they longed for more children but faced some obstacles ?