Chapter X

As soon as Draken took Amalie home, supported by Mikey, and the two boys told what had happened, Wakasa, Kol and Kiku found themselves entangled in a spider's web of worry. Kiku, especially, couldn't suppress her concern for her adopted daughter, scolding her with a mixture of anxiety and reproach.

As Kol plotted retribution with Wakasa that evening, the resolve to confront Kiyomasa about the incident crystallized. The following morning, a determined group comprising Kol, Amalie, Mikey, and Draken made their way towards the fighting ring.

" Does your back hurt much ?". Draken inquired, a genuine note of concern in his voice.

" A little sore, but I'm fine. Mom and Wakasa spent the evening scolding me". Amalie sighed.

" They were right; you were reckless. Even if you meant well, it's not the kind of risk you can afford now". Kol emphasized.

" I know". Amalie replied.

" Nonetheless, take it easy, Ama-chin, alright ?". Mikey advised with a gentle smile.

Amalie nodded," Don't worry about that".

The quartet arrived at the square where the fighting ring stood, the enthusiastic cheers audible even from the entrance. Stepping in, they encountered a throng of boys, with Red fervently introducing the impending match.

" What a bunch of idiots". Draken muttered under his breath.

Kol concurred," Tell me about it; they look bloody stupid."

" It's fight time, folks ! On today's card are the fighters from the email you all received! Kojima from Sakura Mid ! And Mizo Mid's Yamamoto ! The odds are 4 to 6, with Kojima slightly in the lead !". Red declared, heightening the anticipation.

" Kick his ass, Yamamoto !". A passionate supporter shouted.

" I've got 500 yen riding on you ! I'll be bankrupt if you lose !". Another boy exclaimed nervously.

Amalie observed Yamamoto, noticing his visible nervousness as he sweated and panted rapidly.

" Let's get this show on the road ! I'm gonna slice you in three, like a fish fillet !". Kojima declared, assuming a threatening fighting stance.

A momentary hush fell over the crowd as everyone's attention turned to Kiyomasa, who coolly smoked a cigarette. 

He exhaled a plume of smoke before uttering," Begin".

Instantaneously, the crowd erupted into cheers. However, just as the fight was about to commence, a commanding voice sliced through the clamor.

" Hold it !".

Amalie tilted her head to get a better view and widened her eyes in recognition," Look, Mikey, Draken, that's the boy I told you about !".

Mikey raised an eyebrow, still eating, as he observed the bleached-blond-haired boy standing up with clenched fists.

" Ah, that's the one you helped then". Kol said.

Amalie just nodded silently, looking toward Takemichi.

" What the hell, asshole ?". A bystander demanded.

Takemichi Hanagaki grinned, casually placing his arms behind his back," Well... Isn't it boring to have the same fights all the time ? Wouldn't you rather see something more exciting ?".

" Something more exciting ?". Kiyomasa repeated, glaring at Takemichi.

" For example... King versus slave. Kiyomasa-sempai, fight me one-on-one". Takemichi declared with a grin, positioning his fist in front of him.