Prologue

It was meant to be an unremarkable day, at least for original vampires. However, when Kol discovered that Elena was on the trail of the Cure, seeking to reclaim her humanity, a shiver ran down his spine. The mere possibility that this Cure could be intricately linked to Silas, a sorcerer he had dreaded for centuries, filled him with an unsettling fear.

Upon hearing her twin sister's longing for the Cure, Amalie couldn't help but feel a natural pang of sadness. Rebekah's desire for a human life, a life Amalie herself could never attain, struck a chord. Despite the sorrow that came with the realization that her twin might leave before her, she embraced Rebekah's choice. Then there was Kol, her misunderstood brother, whom she loved with a depth beyond words.

Even though Rebekah would likely disapprove of destroying one of the leads to the Cure, Amalie was resolute. She was ready to do whatever it took to support her twin's pursuit of happiness. Unfortunately, tensions flared among them when Rebekah attempted to dagger Kol. Amalie witnessed the vulnerability in Kol's eyes, the fear of being entombed in a coffin once more. 

After what happened and after enduring centuries of family dynamics, she felt an urgency to stand by Kol's side, at least this once.

When the moment arrived to secure Kol's contentment, Amalie unhesitatingly followed him to the Gilbert family home, intent on incapacitating Jeremy.

Kol and Amalie had no intention of killing or being curse by the young hunter's curse. They needed to ensure Jeremy wouldn't become a threat, as he was the key, the sole guide to the Cure. A fierce confrontation unfolded, with Elena vehemently trying to shield her brother. Amalie understood Elena's loyalty, but her allegiance lay firmly with her family. So no mercy would be shown.

In the midst of the chaotic struggle, Kol and Amalie located Elena and Jeremy. The siblings faced off against the two, with Jeremy attempting to fire weapons at them. Swiftly, Amalie pushed him down the stairs, eliciting a groan of pain.

" Whoopsie doopsie". Amalie muttered with a sly smirk.

Elena retaliated, trying to attack Amalie from behind. Kol intervened, seizing the young vampire by the throat and hurling her against the wall. Without hesitation, Kol tore a piece of wood from the banister and thrust it into Elena's abdomen.

" Attacking my sister from behind, that's a serious mistake". Kol muttered to the doppelgänger before departing with Amalie.

Descending the stairs, the blonde vampire cast a glance back to see Jeremy groaning and attempting to rise.

" Now about that arm". Kol declared, grabbing Jeremy's feet and pulling him to the stair's end.

Placing him on the kitchen table, Kol secured both of Jeremy's arms.

" Apologies, little Gilbert, but this won't take long". Amalie declared, handing Kol a butcher knife.

" Now, as I mentioned, I'm not a fan of the Hunter's curse, so I'll just chop off your arm. But don't fret; I'll heal you right up with a bit of blood. Sorry about the sting". Kol explained, placing his hand over Jeremy's forehead.

Amalie raised an eyebrow as she observed Kol moving back a little," Having second thoughts, brother ?".

" No... I don't know which arm it is... Is it left or right ? Do you know, dear sister ?". Kol inquired.

" Nope". Amalie replied with a shrug.

" Okay then, I'll just chop off both to be safe". Kol decided.

Before Kol could proceed, Elena barged in, pushing Kol away and thrusting the butcher knife into his shoulder, causing him to scream in pain.

" Kol !". Amalie gasped.

Without hesitation, Amalie rushed to help Kol, punching Elena in the face. However, Jeremy, who managed to pull out of his restraints, kicked her away while she was momentarily distracted.

Huffing, Amalie quickly returned to Kol, but then the siblings started to scream as Jeremy threw water filled with vervain at them. Amalie let out a scream as she saw Jeremy putting the oak stake in Kol's heart.

" No !". Amalie shouted.

Still in pain because of the vervain and distracted by Kol's death, Elena pulled Amalie by the hair, causing her to fall on the floor.

" Jeremy ! Now !". Elena exclaimed.

As she was about to be staked, she saw a figure standing near the entrance. Amalie smiled softly before muttering a small," I'm sorry". Enduring the same pain as Kol, she let out a scream as her body burned, now joining Kol in the land of the dead.

Upon seeing the nervous gaze of her brother, Elena turned around to see Klaus looking with tears in his eyes at the corpses of his siblings burning right in front of him. Klaus then glared with all the hatred he could muster toward the two Gilberts who dared to kill them.

" What did you do ?". Klaus demanded with a trembling voice.

" We didn't have a choice. He was trying to cut off Jeremy's arms, and Amalie was helping him !". Elena tried to explain.

" Lies. They never would have gotten inside if you hadn't set a trap for them". Klaus retorted through gritted teeth.

" You said you were going to put him down too and try to do something if Amalie was siding with him". Elena said.

" I was going to make him suffer on my terms ! And I would have talked to Amalie ! Because she always listened when something was wrong ! Or even if it wasn't me it would have been Rebekah or Elijah !". Klaus shouted.

Elena took a step back, visibly afraid by Klaus's shouting.

Klaus sighed before looking at the house with hatred," I'm going to burn this house to the ground. And then when you try to flee for your lives, I'll kill you both without blinking. Be glad it's that or you might have the pleasure of being tortured by Rebekah for the next few centuries for killing her twin".

" You kill us, you will never get to the Cure. You'll never be able to make any more hybrids". Jeremy chimed in, trying to tug at Klaus's heartstrings.

" You really think I care for an instant about my bloody hybrids. I want the Cure so I can destroy it. I would have killed you all the second we dug it up, but now I'm just going to watch you burn instead". Klaus retorted.

Before he could do anything, Klaus fell to his knees, screaming because of a pain inside his head.

" Invite him in. Do it !". Bonnie quickly said as she walked inside.

With some hesitation, Jeremy muttered," Come in".

Using her power, Bonnie forcefully made him walk inside the house," Living room, go !".

Elena and Jeremy quickly ran into the house with Klaus trying to follow them. When he tried to grab them, he was blocked by an invisible barrier inside the living room. Klaus began to hit the barrier with rage and force, but no matter what he tried, it never came down.

Klaus then turned toward Bonnie with hatred," Witch, you can't do this to me".

" You have no idea what I can do now". Bonnie retorted.

" I will hunt all of you to your end ! Do you hear me ! Rebekah ! Elijah will kill you all for having put her down !". Klaus yelled with anger.

No matter how much he screamed, Elena, Jeremy, and Bonnie quickly walked out of the house, leaving the hybrid alone with the dead bodies of his siblings.